003

The stench of alcohol and sweat filled my nostrils as I walked into Tina's house.

"Thalia make sure you stay close" said Steve.

This whole 'protective brother' thing is getting kind of annoying. We're in Hawkins, what's the worst that could happen?

I hear loud chanting from outside that takes me out of my thoughts.

"Billy!
Billy!
Billy!
Billy!
Billy!"

Who is Billy anyway? I thought Steve was the big shot around here.

"We have ourselves a new keg king Harrington" I look up to see Tommy H and the new guy from school who I assume is Billy.

Wow he looks good.

His black leather jacket contrasts perfectly with his sun kissed skin

The cigarette that he's holding fits perfectly between his plump lips.

He's also a lot taller when you're up close.

He's also a lot hotter.

I think I stared a little too long because pretty soon his eyes shifted down to look at me cause me to break my intense stare.

"Who's this cutie" billy exclaimed sending a wink towards me causing my cheeks to heat up.

Steve grabbed my arm and pulled me to his side before telling me to go find Nancy.

I hesitated at first but decided to look for her around the party.

As I was looking for Nancy I got a few stares and odd looks from my peers who I am guessing didn't know about my return.

I finally found her by the punch bowl looking quite angry.

"Hey you okay?" I asked Nancy walking up to her.

"Can I just be alone for a few minutes!" She snapped at me.

I looked at her in shock before apologizing quietly and walking away.

I found a group of girls that I used to hang out with and decided to talk to them for a little bit.
-
As the party dragged on I got a little bored and decided that I should probably just go home.

I push through the hoard of drunk teenagers looking for my brother but having no luck.

I decided to go outside seeing as it was very stuffy in the house, I just sat down on the grass away from the chaos of the party so I could get a little air.

I looked up at the stars that filled the night sky calming myself.

Seeing all the stars in the sky reassures me that all the things that happen around me aren't as big a deal as I think of them.

There are so many different universes and galaxies, the stars in the sky are the only proof of that. But it always calms me down when I'm feeling pressure or stress.

"Hey little Harrington" I sit up snapping out of my gaze looking at none other than pretty boy Billy.

He takes a seat next to me in the grass.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing out here all alone?" He asks before lighting a cigarette.

"I could ask you the same thing" I said.

"You smoke?" He asked offering me a cigarette.

"No thanks" I say before laying back down looking into the sky.

He laid down next to me and looking into the sky.

"Why are you looking at the sky?" He asked turning his head and looking at me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked glancing over at him before turning my head away once more.

"Cause you're pretty, now what's your excuse?" He said propping his head up on one elbow.

Before I could reply I looked up at the door of the house seeing Steve storming out.

I jump onto my feet to follow.

He starts his car and speeds off before I get there.

"Wait! Steve what the hell" I yell after seeing him drive off.