Prologue

Edward's POV

I'm trying. I'm trying so hard to get better. To be happy again. It's all I want but without her I feel like it's impossible. It's been fifteen years for God sakes. I need to move on. I need to find someone else. Someone who can except me for me. I wish people could know about what we are. Life would be so much easier. We were lucky when the Volturi never killed Bella. Normally they would have. She knew to much, and it's not she had any other background with the supernatural to give them ease that she wouldn't tell. They had to go by the love in her eyes.

I stand on the back porch waiting for Renesmee to come home. She started high school today and freshman go in a day early. Bella would have been standing here with me. She would smile and grab my hand, and suck in a breath even though she wouldn't have too. I know this because I know her. She never got to experience the vampire life she wanted, while still getting the human joy of being a mother. She'd be so proud of Renesmee. She's such an amazing girl. She's smart, beautiful, witty, musically and literary talented. Surely she'll love high school. We only moved back to Forks last year. I left with Renesmee and Jacob to the Denali's for most of Renesmee's childhood and teaching. We came back because I felt comfortable with Fork's High School.

I've learned to like Jacob. I've learned to love and accept him as my future son-in-law. Even though he keeps a hold on her and nearly every thought is concentrated on her, he and I have spent many a night talking about her mother. He was her best friend after all.

Before I even know it, I see Jacob pull up on his motorcycle with Renesmee clinging tightly to him, laughing.

"How'd she like it?"

Before Jacob can answer my daughter interrupted him. "It was awesome! I like high school. It's fun. I met this girl at today her name is Ellie and she is really funny. She had me laughing all day."

In her mind I picture a short, thin girl with small features, almost like Alice but with short black curls. Her cheeks and rosy and her lips red like blood. She reminds me of Snow White.

"Sounds fun. Uf!" She rams herself at me, throwing her arms around me.

She forgot to take her helmet off and it hit me in the chest. She pulls away and looks me up and down.

"Sorry, Daddy."

"It's fine, sweetie. You grandmother's making you a snack you might wanna hurry up and-" I stop because she's already in the house screaming about food.

"She's firecracker, ain't she?" Jacob sighs.

"Ya got that right. How's Charlie?"

"Better. Still not up for work yet. He says they have a replacement Sheriff coming in California. He should be here any day."

I nod. Charlie is even worse than me. He doesn't eat as much as he used to. We visit him all the time but he never seems to pay attention to us. Even after all this time. Sue left him due to his depression and it wasn't a spiteful break up. She still cares about him deeply but wants him to get better before they start their relationship again.

I hear many vehicles from far away and so does Jacob. We look toward the driveway and soon enough we see what the noise was. A motorcycle, a blue jeep, a black car, and two cop cars, the last one being a federal agent vehicle. It's not a chase. They are all heading toward the same place. I peak into the thoughts of the motorcyclist, it's the house even farther into the woods than ours, it's a large cottage house. It's been on sale for years now.

I know the cop is obviously Charlie's replacement. The woman in the car with him is probably his wife. She's a nurse. I'd like to believe she'll be working with Carlisle. Her son is the motorcyclist and the agent is his father. The black car holds a man and two women.The boy is the jeep is the cop's son, there is another boy in the car with him.

"I smell wolves. Three of them, motorcycle dude, the other boy in the jeep, not the one driving but the other one, and the guy in the black car." Jacob says.

"They aren't like you guys though. There are five humans. The cop, the agent, the mother, the woman with the wolf in the car, and the boy in the Jeep. My senses detect another scent but it's not like-"

"It's a banshee." Jacob says. "The girl with the wolf, she hunts the supernatural but she's with them. We won't be a threat to her if we get on their good side."

Odd. What are they all doing together? Three wolves, a hunter, a banshee, and four normal humans?

"I'll go tell Carlisle." He leaves.

I sigh. "Looks like we have new neighbors."

_______________________________

YOU ALL KNOW WHO THE NEIGHBORS ARE!!!!!!!! If you don't imma slap you.

COMMENT

VOTE

WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE

APPLAUSE!!!!!!!

Love you guys! Xoxoxo