Look at it my way

*future?*

Isabel

"Mommy can I have a cookie?" My five year old son Julian asked me.

"Ask me in Spanish then yes." I've been teaching him to speak Spanish since he was three. It's something all of us do in this family. With us if you can't as much as understand Spanish there is something wrong.

"mamá ¿me das una galleta?"

"Yes but just one grandma is making dinner."

"Ok thank you." He ran off.

While he went and did what he wanted I went back to watching bad girls club. My phone rang distracting me. It was my sister camila. She and our parents aren't seeing eye to eye right now.

"Hey."

"Hi." She mumbled. I heard movement then another voice. "Ok damn. Uh is mom making dinner?"

"We both know you know she is. It's Sunday the only day of the week she goes all out with dinner. What's up?"

"Uh I was gonna come by......you think they would mind?"

I stayed silent since I knew they would indeed mind but decided to go against that. "Of course not."

*********

Mom really did do the most with dinner tonight. She made me and Camilla's favorite Shrimp scallop gumbo. It's almost like she knew she was coming. She even made her favorite dessert black berry Empanadas. We all sat at the table only the sound of our spoons tapping on our bowls. In the middle of dinner the door bell rang. My heart started racing instantly. I hopped up before anyone else could. "I'll get it." I sped walked to the door. Looking threw the peep hole I see Andrew my husband and sons father. I completely forgot he was coming over after work. "Hey baby." I hug and kiss him.

"Daddy!" Julian ran in jumping in his open arms

"Hey how you been man?" He put him back down grabbing my hand as we walked back into the dinning room.

"Andrew my boy how been son?" Daddy got up hugging him. Since he did pick him for me dad and Andrew get a long great.

My dad believes in arranged marriages so me and my sister were both sort of thrown towards the guy our father thought would be right for us and he just so happen to be right with Andrew. We've been together for years now. He took a seat next to me while I went and made him a bowl and pour him a glass of water. "Thanks baby. So how has everyone's day been?"

"I learned to count to 100." Julian said excitedly.

"Ha that's great man. Where's Camila?" The room got quiet. "Did I say something? Is she not coming?"

"Uh we didn't tell her about dinner tonight." Mom said with a forced smile.

"Oh wow." Andrew laughed nervously.

"Uh baby Dad still isn't talking to her." I mumbled.

"I simply gave her the choice of being here with her family and let me pick a new better fit guy for her.....or be with that boy." Dad clenched his spoon.

"Honey relax. She just isn't being a good child. After all we've done she turns and does this." Mom shook her head.

"Really my own family......this is how you guys feel?" The rooms tensions get thick.

__________

Camila

"I don't know about this." I picked up Cortez out his car seat.