24

Prince Beckett although terribly confused does as she instructs. "Lady Ophelia, Lords Rhys and William this is Lord Commander General Rafael."

"Lord Rafael, Lady Ophelia and her mates Lords Rhys, William and apparently I'm a mate as well." 

The reaction of the General isn't one that any of them expected, except perhaps Lia. Rafael just starts laughing. "Of course a woman strong enough to destroy the Fates would need four mates."

Rhys has to admit, General Rafael has a point. "Lia, can we go now or is there more drama we need to cause or witness? Can you come home?" There is definitely a note of longing in his voice.

"Yes, Rhys, I can come home now." Lia says a words and the hidden marks are once more revealed. She also makes it so her necklace is visible for all to see.

The two new mates inhale, "True marked."

Lia smiles warmly at them both, "Yes, they are both true marked. There is a lot to talk over before I can accept you both as my mates. Come, it's been some time since I've been home."

The two don't even bother to talk to the kings or the other prince before they leave.

As they get to the door they run into the crown prince of the vampire's. "Oh, goodness," Lia says looking at him.

"Lady Ophelia? Are you well?" The crown prince has always liked Lady Ophelia and was less than pleased when he found out Rhys had rejected her, but notes that Rhys has her marking back. He looks at the party before him in confusion.

"I am more than well, Prince. You have a choice before you. Your father has refused to follow the counsel given by my mother. You can let the unrest foment into full blown rebellion and watch as the entire kingdom unravels or you can take over the throne and implement what your father refused to do. Do not ignore the needs of the masses, Prince Cowan."

The Prince looks sad, he is more than aware of the truthfulness of Ophelia's words. "I will take your words to heart. What you have said gives me heavy heart though."

Lia looks at the prince with compassion, "I know. Sometimes life throws us curve balls.

"Just keep an open mind. One last thing, should you allow the kingdom to fall into anarchy your mate will be killed in the chaos. Should you take the throne, you will meet her and have many children and a happy life once things settle. If you are willing."

The prince once more looks at her with confusion, "If I am willing?"

Lia gives him a sad smile. "She is not of the ruling class, Prince. Nor is she from the middle class, like me, she is from the poorest. Right now she is barely surviving. You need to make your choice soon, prince or it will be made for you."

"Thank you, Lady Ophelia." Cowan says and bows to her. "I see that Rhys once more wears your mark. My sister must have flipped."

Lia smirks, "I don't think she even noticed. She's too busy trying to keep the king and prince of the werewolves from killing each other. They are both her mates and she has to chose which she'll keep and which she'll reject."

"Ouch," Cowan fake shudders. He looks at her other two companions.

"I see that you have a prince with you as well, and the top military man in all the kingdoms."

The two named bow to him.

"Yes, they are also my mates, but unlike your sister I don't have to choose." Lia smirks and Cowan laughs outright.

"Good for you, have a lovely night, Lady Ophelia."

"I have Rhys back, it will be a lovely night. The first I had since we had to pretend to reject each other."

"Good. You deserve the best, Lady Ophelia and you have some of the best at your side. And thank you for freeing us all."

Lia smiles brilliantly at him, "You are most welcome."

They all go out to where the cars are. "No, Rhys, have someone take your car home. Your highness and General, I'll send you back to where you are staying later. Now I need to get home as fast as possible."

The men are puzzled by her words but are willing. Lia nods and a woman comes forward. "Lord Rhys's estate." Lia tells the female and she nods. Soon they are in the hall at the Rhys's palace.

"I've missed this place. William call our servants and have them pack up and come home."

"Gladly, Lia." William says and takes out his phone as Rhys pulls her into his arms and kisses her hungrily.

It is only the embarrassed and hurt noises of her two newest mates that make Lia pull away.

"Forgive me, that was terribly rude, but Rhys and I have been separated for a month. This is the first we've been able to be together since we found out I was pregnant."

Her words drop like lead into the room.

She looks at the two worriedly. "I think things need to be explained." 

Rhys ushers them all towards his office. 

Word spreads like wildfire that Lady Ophelia is back and kissing Lord Rhys. Speculation on who the strangers are that are with her also abounds.

Before anything can be said the Moon Goddess appears. There are tears in her eyes, "Ophelia, thank you."

Lia wants to keep her heart frozen but at the sight of the tears in her mother's eyes she can't.

They hug each other, "I must say, Rhys, you pulled a very convincing charade when you rejected my daughter. How did you avoid the actual breaking of the bond?"

"I think you should explain a few things to my newest mates first, mother." Lia breaks in.

Coloring up a bit the deity agrees and explains about Lia and about how she has four mates.

When they hear just what Lia went through with her father and brother they are furious.

"I have to thank you general, the battle where they fell was your plan. It was perfect, thank you." Lia says beyond happy that her mate was the one responsible for her tormentors' death.

"Had I known they were on the field and who they were I would have captured them and tortured them instead." General Rafael says disgusted that someone could do that to his mate.

"It's all good, Rafael." Lia goes to him and gives him a gentle kiss.

She sees the look of longing prince Beckett gives her. "Here you go prince."

Beckett blushes deeply as her lips brush his lightly.

Lia pulls back, "You've never had sex?"

Beckett shakes his head. "I was waiting for my mate."

Lia starts laughing, "Your namesake was a known womanizer until his king forced him to take the position of bishop."

Beckett just blushes deeper. "I know and my brother and father have both given me hell about it."

Lia just smiles delightedly. She'll be the first for one of her mates at least. "Think nothing of it, Beckett. For I don't." Beckett gives her a small smile in return. He's not quite sure what to make of that statement.

Rhys leans over and reassures him, "She's pleased that she will be your first. Relax, prince. She was happy to find you today."

Beckett can tell that Rhys isn't so happy about it though and that worries him. After all he's in a place that neither his father or brother know where he's at and although he's with his mate, he's not sure that he's safe.