32

The maid assigned to the exqueen hustles around preparing a bath. She was chosen because she doesn't get nosy about the lives of the Lords and Lady Lia.

Lia sighs, "It's a long story, queen Stacia."

"None of that. I'm no longer a queen. That bastard forced me to marry him and killed my mate before I could even meet him and now he divorced me and put a price on my head when he found his mate.

"Just call me Stacia or even better, mother or mom. I'd really like it if you would call me mom."

Lia looks at Stacia and lets the tears fall silently. "Thank you, mom. It's a long story and it is late. I will be happy to tell you the full story in the morning. For now, I am the daughter of the moon goddess and was granted four mates at the same time. Your son being one of them."

"I see that two of them are marked, yet my son and Rafael aren't." Stacia says her words with a touch more acid in them.

Lia takes a deep breath and lets it out in a long sigh. "That's all part of the long story. Short version, I was going to mark them when King Mordred attacked and nearly killed Rafael. I haven't had a chance to do so since. I rather think Beckett is waiting for me to do so tonight."

Stacia snorts, "Of course he is. I've never seen my son so besotted by someone before." Stacia looks at Lia long and hard, "I look forward to hearing the story in it's entirety, but for now know, Beckett might not show it, but he's a very sensitive person. His father," here she spits out the words, "And his brother have made his life very difficult. He needs love and I always hoped he'd be allowed to find his mate and they'd love each other."

"That's part of why he's not marked yet, I wanted there to be love first and not just the forced bond."

With those words Stacia smiles at Lia very pleased with her. "You love my son then?"

Lia smiles sadly, "Yes, my heart though, it's not easy loving four men equally."

Stacia smiles sadly, "Love is work, that is for sure. What do the mothers of the others think?"

"They all passed before I met my mates. You are the only mother, other than mine which is only here when she wants to interfere."

"Lia!" the moon goddess exclaims as she shows herself.

Lia looks at her mother and just raises her eyebrow. The moon goddess looks down, it's true, more or less.

Stacia stands frozen before her goddess.

Liana looks at her and smiles. "Welcome, I'm glad they were able to find you in time. Beckett would have been devastated had you not come."

"My lady," Stacia finally manages to say.

Liana waves away the formality, "We are family now. Lia go, they are waiting for you downstairs. I wish to talk to Stacia for a bit."

"Mother," Lia says warningly.

Liana looks over to her daughter, "Don't take that tone with me, young lady. Now go. It's past time you mark the other two. I realize that events have made it difficult, but it needs to be done."

Lia looks back to the overwhelmed former wolf queen. "Good luck."

Lia then looks back at her mother, "Don't go to into detail she's already overwhelmed."

"I won't talk about that at all. I'll let you and your mates tell her your story." Liana smiles nastily at her daughter.

"Sometimes, mother, I wonder if you really love me." Lia means those words completely and her mother can tell. She stops her baiting and tears fill her eyes.

"I do, Lia, your story is yours to tell. What I'll be talking to her about is her story. There are things she needs to know that she wasn't told years ago."

With that Lia has to be satisfied, "Very well. Stacia, mom, sorry, if you need anything just let your maid, Lila, know and she'll get it for you. My house is now yours, please feel free to ask for whatever you want or wish for."

"You are very kind. I think my son was very lucky in his mate. Thank you."

Liana snorts, "Thank her after you get to know her better."

"Mother, be nice or I won't allow you to come here anymore and see your grandson."

This grabs Stacia's attention, "You have a child?"

Lia smiles softly, "Yes, born just earlier today. Rhys's son, Caden. You'll see him frequently if you leave your room and spend time with me. The others all have business and leave me alone a great deal. I'm very glad you came, I could use the company."

"You wouldn't really stop me from seeing my grandson would you?" Liana says sadly.

"Only if you aren't nice. You haven't been much of a mother to me while I was growing up so I don't see much need for you to be around my children."

Lia turns to Stacia, "No, I don't have others yet, but I'll have at least one from each of my mates, if not more."

Liana stutters, "H-how do you know that?"

Lia looks at her mother, "I'm not your daughter for nothing."

"But you shouldn't be able to see your own future," Liana protests.

"I don't. I see my mates future and they are holding children that are mine. They look like their fathers or a mixture of them and me. I will have at least four, I'm not sure how many exactly." Lia is sure of that, there is something wrong that happens that might make it so that she won't have more than that though. She hopes not. She wants to give her mates children.

"You shouldn't even be able to see that much," Liana says more to herself than to the other two present.

"You figure it out, it doesn't bother me any. Good night mother," Lia then turns to Stacia, "goodnight mom. I hope you find things are comfortable for you. If you wish anything changed just let us know. We wish for you to feel welcome and comfortable."

"Please, tell Lord Rhys thank you. I do feel very welcome. That there are more than just myself and my son here is reassuring. Rafael is very discerning when it comes to people and he accepts you all completely or he'd never have brought his son here."

"Like you, Vincent's new here as well. Tomorrow we'll all talk about what you wish and where you'll live if you wish to leave. We won't force you to stay here, but you are welcome to do so." Lia tells her and once more wishes the two goodnight and leaves them to return to her mates.