We Drifted Apart

Maya's POV

I used to me married for 9 years to Miles Hollingsworth. 7 of those years were the best years of my life. the last 2 years went down hill. Miles and I started fighting and he would hit me sometimes.

We did get two girls out of our marriage. we had a set of twins the first year we were married. Maddie Hollingsworth is 8 years old, she's the oldest, and Maggie Hollingsworth also 8 years old, she was born 2 minutes later.

We would have gotten divorced earlier if it wasn't for the girls.

We have different lives now. I am with Zig Novak now and he's a wonderful man and a great father to Maddie and Maggie. Maggie doesn't like him but Maddie does.

Miles is with Zoe Rivas. Maddie doesn't like her but Maggie does. She's kinda a bitch and she's really bossy, I don't know what Miles sees in her.

I was in my kitchen making the girls lunch, when Maggie came in

"Mommy?"

"Yeah Maggie?" I said not looking at her

"Why did you leave daddy?"

I looked at her in shock, I knew she would ask this one day but I never knew when it would come.

"We drifted apart Maggie, not all marriages survive."

"But you and daddy love each other!"

"No Maggie, not anymore!" I said turning to her

"But daddy still loves you, that's what he said!"

"Can you just go Maggie, please." I said

"Ok mommy." Maggie walked out of the room and ran up the stairs

I can't believe that she said that. there is no way that Miles still loves me. he has a girlfriend, he can't love me.

The worse part is...i might still love him.