Chapter 10

An hour later a woman with long black hair and a tired face walked into the room and sat down in a chair near my bed. I slowly put down my book to look at her.

"So miss Heartfilia," she began "how do you like your life? Is everything good at home? Hows your father?"

I looked at her and blinked absent mindedly. What was I supposed to say? 'Ya everything is completely fine. You know my dad just beats me every night but other than that everything is peachy'

"Everything is fine. I have a lovely home and a loving father. I eat everyday, and i go to Fairy tail high." I knew that everything was a lie, but i didn't know what else to say. She looked at me suspiciously.

"Can you tell me how you got those scars ?" she pointed at my arms.

"I...it was a .... Mistake i um.....full..." i mumbled. The lady leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms.

"You...fell?" she asked. I nodded slowly and fumbled with my gown. The woman stood up and left closing the door behind her. I sat in my room alone for a few moments before the door opened and a certain short haired bluenette walked in. Gajeel, Grey, Juvia, Erza, and Lisanna trailed behind her.

"Lu!" she squealed before running toward me and wrapping her arms around me. "Are you ok?! I saw you fall and i called the ambulance. I was just so scared!" I kept my arms around her and pulled her closer.

"It's ok, I'm ok Levy," i looked up at the others and smiled. "Hey guys," I said weakly.

"Juvia is glad Lucy is alright," The long haired bluenette chirped. "As am i," Erza followed. Levy pulled back and let her hands fall on my shoulders.

"Here," I looked over at Gajeel who was holding a balloon. "This is from all of us," he held the balloon up but didn't move. "Thanks. Where's Natsu?" I looked around the room at all the faces.

"They wouldn't let flame brains in here because of what happened earlier," Grey said. I looked over at him.

"Oh..."

"Hey look Natsu wanted to be here it's not his fault, trust me he tried." Grey answered. I nodded. I didn't believe him, I knew better. The only reason the other where here is because that was the right thing to do. Why else would they be here? They didn't care, no one did.

"Thanks you guys, but you really didn't have to come,"

"What are you talking about Lu? Of course we came we care about you. We love you. You're not just our friend you're a part of our family." I could feel tears threaten to fall as i looked at all the smiling faces standing around me. I stood up and ran into Levy"s arms.

"Thank you," I whispered. I pulled away from her to look at everyone else before running into Erza's open arms. I moved from her quickly and hugged everyone in the room. I ended at gajeel hugging him around the neck, like i did with all the others.

"Luce?"

I turned around to see Natsu standing at the doorway with flowers in hand. I pulled away from Gajeel to look at him.

"Natsu!" I smiled. I walked towards him but he stepped away abruptly, hurt plastered on his face. Gajeel stepped forward and moved in front of me. "Look Salamander it was just a friendly hug nothing more. She was just saying thank you," I could see relief wash over Natsu's face before he pushed past Gajeel and pulled me into a tight hug.