The Beginning

In the village of Salem, in the year 1693, a young boy named Thackery Binx awakens, after hearing a rustling outside their window, and looks around the room and sees that his sister nowhere in sight.

"Emily? Emily?!" He calls out, but as he waits for a response he hears the sultry voice of Sarah Sanderson, He then jumps out of bed and runs outside and calls again, "Emily?"

Thackery spots his friend, Elijah, and runs to him," Elijah! Elijah, hast thou seen my sister, Emily?" he asked.

"Nay," Elijah answered," but look." He points to smoke coming from the woods." They conjure."

Thackeray looks and sees Emily following Sarah into the woods, " Oh God, the woods!" He runs closer to the edge of the village and calls out her name, "Emily!"

"She's done for," Elijah said

Thackary grabs Elijah by the shirt and tells him, "Not yet! You wake my father! Summon the others! Go!!"

"Emily!!" Thackery calls out as he runs after her into the woods.

In the woods, Thackary manages to fall down several hills and wade through shallow creeks to get to the Sanderson home, and he sees his sister follow Sarah Sanderson into the house. Thackary looks in the window and sees Emily surrounded by the Sanderson Sisters, Sarah, Mary, and Winifred. Winifred is the leader of the sisters, she has red hair and dresses in shades of green. Mary is next, she's a little on the plump side. She has black hair and dresses in shades of red. Sarah, is the final sister, and she seems a little ditzy. She has blonde hair and dresses in shades of purple. They are all slightly old. Emily spots him and sits up. The sisters turn to the window but Thackery ducks out of sight. Sarah and Mary go and look out the front door to look for Thackeray, but he's hiding and they can't see him. Winifred throws open a window and looks around.

"Oh look, another glorious morning." She pauses, "Makes me sick! Sisters!"

"Yes, Winnie?" Sarah asked.

"Coming Winnie. Right away. Sorry." Mary said

"Must have been an imp." Mary goes over to her spell book and talks to it like a child, " My darling, my little book. We must continue with our spell now that our guest of honor has arrived. Wake up. Wake up, darling." the book wakes up, "Yes, well come along. There you are. Mary!

"Right here, Winnie. Right here. Sorry. " Mary said as she comes to her sister's side.

"Hello, hello," Winifred said to the book.

"I notice sister Sarah isn't helping, " she told Winifred

"I lured the child here. " Sarah stated.

Winifred grabs Mary's ear and said, "Leave her be, she has done her chore." She let's go of Mary's ear.

"You're right, I'm wrong," Mary said before She and Sarah make faces at each other.

"All right. 'Tis time!" Winifred announced. the book opens and flips itself to a certain page. "There it is." reading from the book "'Bring to a full rolling bubble. Add two drops oil of boil." she moves to pick up the oil of boil but Mary is there before her.

"I got it. It's heavy. You do that, I'll do this." Mary said as she adds the oil of boil to the cauldron.

"Six, but the hour with the herb that's red. Turn three times, pluck a hair from my head." Mary read from the book.

Thackary sneaks inside the cottage and watches the witches from the second-floor landing.

" Add a dash of fox and a dead man's toe. Oh, a dead man's toe and make it a fresh one. "