Chapter 4

In the dark night Max, Allison, and Dani walk up to the outside of the Sanderson Cottage.

"Legend has it that the of a hundred children are buried within these walls," Allison told Dani and Max.

"Oh, great," Dani said with a little fear in her voice.

Allison unlocks the door and they go in. It's pitch black.

"I can't see a thing," Dani said.

"Well there's a light switch around here somewhere," Allison told them.

Max finds a display of lighters and picks one up and lights it, "I found a lighter," He helps Allison find the light switch and the lights come on," Whoa!"

"Here's the original cauldron, and upstairs is where they slept," Allison said before They move over to where the 'book' is in a display case, "This is the spellbook of Winifred Sanderson. It was given to her by the devil himself. The book is bound in human skin and contains the recipes for her most powerful and evil spells."

"I get the picture," Dani said before she notices a portrait and points, "Whose that?"

Allison looks over to where Dani is pointing," That's Lydia Sanderson, the youngest sister, and the good witch. Legend says that her sisters were almost finished training her to be as evil as they are, but then the man she loved was murdered by the oldest sister, Winnifred Sanderson. Lydia changed her ways before it was too late and became a 'Saint' according to the people who lived in Salem 300 years ago. "

Max looks at the portrait and says, "Woah, you weren't kidding about Ms. Lydia being a descendant. They could be twins," He points to a black candle, "What's that?"

"Oh, that's the black flame candle," Allison whispered.

Max goes over and reads the sign by the candle," Black Flame Candle. Made from the fat of a hangman. Legend says that on a full moon it will raise the spirits of the dead when lit by a virgin on Halloween light," He pulls out his lighter, "So let's light the sucker and meet the old broads, "ro Allison, "Wanna do the honors?"

"No thanks," She replied.

Max moves to light the candle but is attacked by a black cat. He manages to throw the cat off and stand up.

"Stupid cat!"

"Okay, Max, you've had your fun. It's time to go. Come on, Allison," Dani said.

"Max, she's right, let's go," Allison agreed.

"Oh, come on, it's just a bunch of hocus pocus," Max told them.

"Max, I'm not kidding this time! It's time to go! Max, no!!" Dani shouted.

Max lights the candle and the flame turns black.

"Uh oh," He said.

Suddenly the fake flames of the chandelier pop. The floorboards under their feet begin to move as a green light shines from below. Suddenly it stops

"What happened?" Max asked.

"A virgin lit the candle," Dani said stating the obvious.

All the candles in the house light themselves. The fire under the cauldron comes up and knocks them back. They hide as voices can be heard from outside. Dani hides behind the counter. Suddenly the doors burst open and three women, the Sanderson sisters, enter.

"We're home. Oh, sweet revenge. Do you see, sisters, my curse worked perfectly," Winnifred cheered.

While Sarah stayed near the door, Winnifred and Mary walked to the cauldron. Mary said, "Oh, that's because thou art perfect, Winnie. Oh, I knew I left this cauldron on, didn't I tell you? Oh, I knew it."