Chapter 3

A while later, Dani and Max came down the stairs. Dani comes bounding down the stairs while Max was walking down sulkily.

"Let's go, hurry up. The bewitching hour's about to begin. That's very scary, wow!" Dave said to Dani, "What about you, Max, what are you supposed to be?" He asked.

"A rap singer," Max replied in a deadpan tone.

"Oh, well your hat should be on sideways shouldn't it," He turns Max's hat.

"Say Halloween," Jenny said as she held up the camera to the three of them.

"Halloween!" Dani and her dad said as her mom takes the picture.

A while later, Max is carting Dani around to different houses so she can go trick-or-treating. The people in Salem love Halloween and it's obvious in all the decorating everywhere. Max sits on the steps of the house waiting for Dani.

"Lighten' up, Max," Dani said to her brother.

"Can we go home now?" Max asked.

"No," She told him as he stood up.

Max spots Jay and Ice and some of their friends harassing the kids passing by for candy.

"Let's just go this way," Max said, but Dani ignores him and heads straight for Ice and Jay, "Dani!"

Ice holds up his leg so Dani can't pass, " Ding ding. Ding ding."

"Stop and pay the toll, kid," Jay told her.

"Ten chocolate bars, no licorice," Ice said.

"Dump your sack!"

"Drop dead, moron," Dani told Jay.

"Yo, twerp. How'd you like to be hung off that telephone pole?" Ice threatened Dani.

"I'd just like to see you try it. Cause it just so happens I've got my big brother with me. Max!" Dani called.

Jay and Ice are not impressed by this and Max walk up to them.

"Hollywood. Oh no," Ice said, pretending to be scared.

"So you're doing a little trick-or-treating?" Jay asked sarcasticly.

"I'm taking my little sister around," Max told them.

"That's nice. Whoa, I love the costume. But what are you supposed to be? A New Kid on the Block?"

"For your information, he's a little leaguer!" Dani told them.

"Whoa, little leaguer!" Jay and Ice fake a baseball play. Dani tries to walk by again.

Ice stops her, "Wait a minute. Everyone pays the toll."

"Stuff it, zit face," Dani said.

'Why you little..." Ice moves to hit Dani but Max steps in the way.

"Hey, Ice..."Max shoves a bag of candy at him, "Here. Pig out. Come on Dani, let's go."

Max and Dani walk off and continue trick-or-treating.

"And Hollywood...the shoes fit great," Ice said before he and Jay ramage through the bag.

Max and Dani walk up the steps to another house for more candy.

"You should have punched them," Dani told Max.

"They would have killed me," He told her.

"At least you would have died like a man."

"Hey! You just humiliated me in front of half the guys at school! So collect your candy and get out of my life!" Max yelled at her.

"I wanna go home! Now!" Dani begins to cry and storms off.