Chapter 4

I stand there absolutely stunned; we both stare at each other as time flies. His green orbs staring at my hazel ones. Behind those green orbs are tremendous stories, his stories and feelings but then you couldn’t look past them because there holds a key you should find before you could enter. But the key is hidden somewhere safe and impossible to find as if it was treasure chest in dead man’s cave.

I in the other hand had a key but then I lost it. I lost myself; I never knew how to be myself again. How to react, communicate, laugh, smile or even joke. Well, I don’t really have jokes in mind too. I am the key, a rusty old key that needs shine and compassion of other people’s well-being.

I lost track of my mind but then fully recover and say.

“Excuse me” I walk past him without looking back. Why would I look back anyway?

Speaking of looking back, everything falls back to Kyle. I keep on looking back to the past, through the happy memories we made together, the stupid laughter’s and the corny jokes. Just makes my tears swell and my heart break. Wait, my heart is already broken.

I just have to mend it up and find myself. Maybe my soul is wandering somewhere for a while, also trying to mend itself up, trying to get away from everything and anything if possible, leaving its mind and body behind as if it was a useless.

There’s this tiny voice of mine screaming from afar, shouting out for help or a glimpse of hope in me but I just can’t hear anything. All I hear is muffled screams and tiny little “Helps!”

I sit in the stairs of the front entrance of the school. Breathing and cooling myself down. I hope they didn’t mind. My friends my think I’m mellow dramatic or even a drama queen. I don’t even know if they are my friends or so be it.

The voice in my head is now getting clearer and clearer but still muffled and blurred. I sigh in defeat. I’m such a huge puzzle. I put my head on my sweaty palms and think then I heard someone coming out of the school doors, I slowly lift my head and see who it was.

Curiosity kills me.

I glance to the side and to my prior extent; he was sitting there staring back at me.

“Allison” The boy says.

“I don’t want to talk to you anymore” I said more as a command.

“I thought you missed me?” He said.

“Of course I do, I really do” My voice breaks.

“Do me a favor and go back in there”

“How about you? Will you come with me?” I glance back to him

“I’m always here” He points to my heart and started to get-up and dust his suite.

He walks to the opposite direction of the school.

“Where are you going?” I ask and started to pace to his footsteps.

“Where I belong kiddo” And that he was gone when I reach his spot.

I pull myself together and get my ass back to that cafeteria. I don’t want to leave unresolved problems. You always do!   My obnoxious self-answers.  I’m trying okay! I mentally answer myself.

Wait, isn’t this soliloquizing?

I stop in front of the cafeteria doors debating to open it or not. No one is actually in the hallways at lunch time or some people may call it “nutrition” It’s only me and the cafeteria doors. Open the damn doors! My brain retorts.

“Fine!” Regardless to who thinks I’m a plain psycho over here. I push the cafeteria doors slowly to not gain any attention.

I walk to the table that I was brought to by Zach and spot Cody smiling at me.