Trying to Make Lemonade (With a Bowlful of Limes)

The rain was dripping onto her roof to the beat of the music playing in her headphones. Sitting on her white queen sized bed, head nodding to the beat, she reached over to her bedside table and turned on her lamp illuminating the room.

"and I do, want you to know I'll hold you up, above everyone. And I do, want you to know I think, you'd be good to me, and I'd be so good to you." Josh Ramsay sang in her ears.

Suddenly, her mom rushed into her room, screaming at her to get her homework done and stop being so lazy. Still listening to Mariana's Trench, the girl on the white bed ignored her mom, knowing that she'd go away eventually.

A couple seconds later, her mom fell to the floor with a thud.

"Mom!" she screamed, whipping off her headphones and running to where her mother was lying in a heap on the floor.

"Wake up mom! Please, say something!" she hysterically cried out at the top of her lungs. Her mother didn't move. The girl's stomach was squeezed tight making her lean over and empty it's contents onto the spotless white carpet. She dialed 911, and told the man who answered what had happend. She gave the man their address and stayed on hold while she laid her head on her mothers chest and sobbed.