Chapter 3

The next morning, Kiana's alarm clock went off at 6AM.

"Oh my gosh, shut that off! MY EARS!" yelled Alex, who was sleeping on the couch before his rude awakening.

The radio was playing "Soul Sister" on almost full volume making Alex sit up blindly and fall off the couch. As soon as he got his bearings, he mumbled to himself about waking up early as he trudged to the kitchen in search of food.

Alea yawned and began to sit up, only to find that she couldn't. Opening her eyes, she found that Brent's arm was a dead weight across her stomach, disabling her from movement.

'How did he sleep through that alarm?' she thought to herself, dumbfounded.

"Brent! Wake up!" she attempted to shove his arm off of her.

"ALEX!" she yelled into the kitchen.

"WHAT?" he yelled back, his mouth full of peanut butter and Nutella toast.

"COME GET BRENT OFF OF ME!"

"COMING!"

Alex came out of the kitchen, his lips rimmed with dark and light brown goop.

He grabbed his iPhone, turned it up to full volume, chose a ringtone and held it up to Brent's ear.

"Spiderpig, spiderpig,

does whatever a spiderpig does.

Can he swing,

From a web?

No he can't,

He's a pig.

LOOKOUT,

He is a spiderpig."

'nothing like Homer Simpson early in the morning.' Alea rolled her eyes.

Brent finally stirred and opened his eyes.

"Morning." he said with a smile on his face.

"Could you please move your arm." through gritted teeth, Alea asked him.

"Sorry about that."

Brent moved his arm off of her and joined Alex in his walk to the guest room where all three of them kept at least one change of clothes in case of situations like this.

Alea stretched and yawned, rubbed her eyes and trudged off to the other couch to get a still sleeping Kiana off her butt.

"Wake up you lazy arse. We have an hour to get ready before we have to leave for school." she poked the side of Kiana's face.

"C'mon, five more minutes mum." rolling over to face the backside of the couch, she pulled her blanket further over herself.

"AN HOUR."

"WHAT?! I'm up! What the heck, I set my alarm WAY to late." she scrambled off of the couch and ran to her bathroom slamming the door after her.

Giggling, Alea went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

The boys came back into the kitchen and grabbed some cheerios.

"Didn't you just eat Alex?" Alea giggled as he poured heaps of milk on his Cheerios.

"I'm a growing boy." Alex mumbled through his first mouthful.

Letting out a full laugh, Alea walked over to the spare room to find an outfit.

Half of the clothes she owned were at Kiana's and vice versa. Searching through her clothes in the closet, she put on a light turquoise romper and yellow and white heels.