(AGH CHAPTER NAMES >.<

-'+*Upstairs*+'-

Paper Jam was sitting at the top of the stairs with his face against his knees, he was sitting up curled up. He'd listened to everything. Palette and Fresh had been standing quietly listening also. Palette and Fresh were looking at each other, they both were unsure how to help Paper Jam. Fresh couldn't watch Paper Jam like this, he went and sat beside Paper Jam. "Jammy?" He was quiet. Paper Jam leaned over onto Fresh and buried his face into Fresh's chest. He had the hoodie up over his head. "Our parents sound quiet, as if they're speaking quietly. Let's just go into your room or something, just so we don't get caught eavesdropping." Palette spoke quietly, not to get caught. Fresh looked at Paper Jam, he definitely wasn't going to move. Fresh got his hands under Paper Jam's legs, Paper Jam knew what Fresh was going to do, he put his hands around his neck. Fresh stood up, holding Paper Jam. They went into Paper Jam's room. Fresh sat on the mattress and laid Paper Jam down. Paper Jam moved and laid his head on Fresh's lap, and looked up at Fresh. Palette stood my the door. Paper Jam's eye shape was a big teardrop. "PJ, try gettin some sleep. It'll help." Fresh said quietly. "Have you eaten anything?" Palette asked. Fresh shook his head. "It's past 5 now." Palette looked down. Fresh looked back down at Paper Jam. His eyes were closed, he was awake but taking Fresh's advice. Fresh stayed quiet. Palette could see that Paper Jam was trying to fall asleep. Palette slowly and quietly left the room. Fresh kept his gaze on Paper Jam. He waited for his to fall asleep, and for sure be asleep.

After a couple minutes he did fall asleep fully. Fresh slowly moved out from under Paper Jam and put Paper Jam's head on a pillow. He gently set the blanket over him. He stood up making sure Paper Jam was asleep fully. Paper Jam looked tired. he rolled onto his side. Fresh quietly left, and closed the door. "You'll be a great spouse for Paper Jam in the future. You're just able to get him to sleep like that on you, then able to get out of it without waking him." Palette spoke quietly and smiled. Fresh adjusted the way his glasses were sitting as he blushed a bit. "Have you thought about making it official? Getting married and such?" Palette leaned against the wall on the opposite side of Paper Jam's room. He kept quiet, not to wake Paper Jam or alarm Ink and Dream. "We've not talked 'bout it to much, but I'd swear to protect him no matta waht happened I'd stand by him." Fresh also leaned against the wall and sat. Palette smiled. "I might be calling Cross a parent one day.. My mom has been talking to him and hanging out with him a lot." Palette looked down. "You've been going in between callin Dream Mah an Dad." Fresh said awkwardly. "Eh, I call him either. Ink and Dream both seem like mothers to me, I probably would call Ink Dad though, but I think he prefers mom." Palette looked at Fresh. "You fought Cross recently right?" Palette asked. "Yah, he wa pretty violent too." Fresh nodded. "Can you imagine him with my mom?" Palette asked quietly. "I dunno, Ink an Error made friends yet dey where enemies. It could be possible." Fresh said. "I can't see him as my father." Palette looked to the side. "Cross doesn't have a care for me." Palette seemed actually angry. "'M sure somethin'll work out between y'all." Fresh smiled. Palette looked at Fresh quietly. "No one could evea see Ink an Error togetha but yet dey did and loved PJ and Gradient." Fresh said trying to make Palette feel better about it. "Maybe, I hope something works, I don't like Cross to much, but my mom loves him." Palette closed his eyes. "I'm getting this overprotectiveness from Ink." Palette sighed. "And I know it hurts you guys, why should I try and hurt my parents." Palette opened his eyes. Fresh stayed silent. "Palette?" Dream called quietly from the bottom of the stairs. "Yeah?" Palette called back. "Can you come down please?" Dream was quiet. Palette looked at Fresh then stood. "Yeah." Palette said quietly. Fresh stayed sitting by the door of Paper Jam's room, he was ready to wait for him. "I've probably got to go, bye." Palette started to go towards the stairs. "Cya later." Fresh watched him go.
Dream and Ink were at the bottom of the stairs. Ink looked fine, but different. "Are we going?" Palette asked. "Soon, yes." Dream nodded. "Alright." Palette felt a little awkward. "Where's PJ and Fresh?" Ink asked. "PJ is sleeping and Fresh is by the door." Palette said. "Is Jammy okay?" Ink asked quietly. "He was tired. Fresh got him to sleep, then somehow got out from under him, and left the room without disturbing him." Palette looked at the ground. Dream went to the door. "We should get going." He said. "Okay." Palette turned to Ink. "Goodbye!" He gave Ink a hug. Ink smiled. "Bye, I'll see you later." Ink hugged back. Palette let go and went to Dream. "Good luck with things Ink" Dream smiled. Ink smiled back. "Goodbye, Dream. I hope things are good for you." Ink said quietly. Dream opened the door and took Palette's hand. "Bye." Dream said as they left. Ink after they were gone looked at the ground. His baby was sleeping with Fresh sitting guard. Ink wanted to go upstairs, But he knew he would probably get into a conversation with Fresh which he didn't want. Ink understood Paper Jam's want to sleep, stress about everything happening. Ink went and sat on the couch. He took his scarf that was folded on the couch and put it around his neck a few times. He pulled it through at the back so it would stay in place. Dream had talked seriously about Error and him. Ink still though didn't want to see or talk to Error again. Ink heard someone upstairs moving. It was noise from Paper Jam's room. Ink wanted to go to his room, he would just avoid Fresh. He went up the stairs, and saw Fresh sitting by the door. He quickly went into his room, but Fresh didn't move. Maybe he was asleep, but his glasses were hiding it. Ink closed the door of his room. He needed to lay down for a bit. Paper Jam was going to most likely ask for Fresh to stay the night again. Ink wouldn't ever agree to that again. He took off his scarf, and set it on his desk. He also took off his work belt with the vials, and set them on the bed. Ink didn't realise how much he was sweating till now, but why? The battle was this morning.. He refused to think maybe it was stress or worry about Error or Paper Jam. His family would be fine. He figured to stop sweating he'd remove some layers. He took off the tights under the shorts and kept the shorts. He removed his T-Shirt and long sleeve shirt. He had a tank top underneath that. He laid down on the bed, and immediately closed his eyes.