Good and Broken

Miley was a broken mess the next morning. She cried through breakfast, didn't eat anything, and didn't ride her horse. When she refused to ride Blue Jeans, her family knew this was serious. So, while Robbie stayed home to consult his daughter, Jackson rode off on Roam-Man (Robbie's horse) to find the root of the problem.

Lilly.

He never liked her.

The cowboy ran over to the blonde and took hold of her inner elbow, tugging her back. The doe-eyes girl blinked up at the boy, "What?"

"Don't you what me." He ordered, "What did you do to my sister?"

"Pardon?"

"Miley Ray Stewart, my sister! Whad'ya do to to her? She's up in 'er room cryin' her eyes out!"

"And why do you automatically assume that this is all because of me?"

"Because all Miles has been doin' is spendin' time with ya. So, whad'ya do to her?"

"She has no right to be upset. If anything, I should be upset! Nobody kisses someone then cries about it, it's preposterous!"

"Miley kissed you?" He paused, "What happened?"

"I pushed her off me, of course! What else would I do? I told her that two girls being affectionate with one another is beyond wrong!"

He shook his head in disbelief.

"What?"

"It's jus'...Luanne already makes fun of 'er every day for being what she is. Miles trusted ya more than anyone Lilly. How do ya think it makes 'er feel, hearin' her say those things to 'er?" He shook his head, "Jus' stay the sam heck away from Miley." He turned around, placing his hands into his back pockets as he walked away from the girl.

"Wait!" Lilly shouted, causing him to come to a halt.

"What?"

"Why is this so important? I don't understand..."

"Of course you don't." He scoffed, "Lookie here Missy, whenever Miley is sad she'll ride Blue Jeans an' everythin' is all fine and dandy. But...she's not." He bowed his head, "I haven't seen her like this since Mama died." Kicking up some dirt, Jackson stomped away, leaving a guilty Lilly in the dust.

Who was coincidentally also covered in dust.

A knot twisted in the blonde's stomach and she began to fast-walk her way to Miley's house. She needed to apologize. She needed to let the brunette know that she still wanted to be around her.

Biting her lip, she fast-walked in the direction of Miley's house. Not bothering to knock, she opened the door and let herself in. The first person Lilly saw was Robbie, and when he noticed her, he was furious.

"Get off my land!" He shouted, getting the attention of Miley and Jackson. The brunette's mouth hung agape at the sight of the blonde.

"I just need to have a conversation with your daughter, sir."

"You ain't gettin' anywhere near my lil' girl! Now get!"

"Please sir, just for a moment."

"No! I said get outta my house!"

"Daddy, stop." A voice squeaked, "It's okay." She got up and stood next to her Father, "Let's hear what she's gotta say."

"I would just like to sincerely apologize for my actions, Miley. They were not appropriate, nor were they kind. I was just hoping that somewhere in your heart to could find yourself to forgive me."