IV

Jeff pulled Nick aside, unable to think clearly with the whole Kurt drama. He didn't want to hurt Blaine- if he knew, he'd lose all hope in getting a relationship. On the other hand, he should know.

"Have you noticed anything strange about Kurt lately?" He asked quietly, even though they were alone.

Nick thought for a moment. "I mean, his facial features change frequently as if he's arguing with himself. And you've been acting strange around him, so I'm guessing you have?"

"Yeah. He- I dunno, he absolutely freaked out one night, telling himself to stop it. The next night he mentioned something about these people, ones hiding from him, and that he wasn't supposed to talk about them. He asked me if I could see them."

Nick paled. "Shit. What do we do with Blaine?" Jeff knew this was as bad as it seemed- Nick hardly ever swore.

"I don't know."

~-~

Kurt was walking in the hall when he overheard a boy calling someone a 'schiz.' He turned around, knowing what that meant.

"Hey!" He called to the boy.

"Kurt, what are you-" Blaine started.

The boy turned to Kurt. "What do you want?"

"Don't say that."

The boy scoffed. "Why not? You're not the boss of me."

"It's insensitive. You know it's actually a thing, right?"

"Please, as if anyone here's a schiz." The boy said skeptically.

Kurt bristled with anger. "I told you not to use that word!"

"Name one person it effects."

Kurt was so angry at the boy that he threw caution to the wind. "My mother was. And yeah, I mean was."

The boy rolled his eyes. "Well bully for you. Might want to tell your precious Warbler there that it runs in families. Don't want a schiz for a child."

Kurt fumed as the boy walked away, wanting nothing more than to go hit him- and Kurt hated violence.

It wasn't that bad, was it? He wasn't a burden on his father, was he?

He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Kurt, what's he talking about?" Blaine's gentle voice asked.

Kurt sighed, turning back around to face Blaine. "Being schizophrenic runs in families. And- and my mother was." He said with difficulty.

Blaine gasped softly. "Kurt, you didn't-"

"Tell you, I know. It's just- it's all related to how she died, and you know I don't like to talk about that."

Blaine frowned. "I'm sorry."

Kurt took a steadying breath, taking one last look at the boy's retreating figure. "Me too."