VI

"I could have sworn someone just said my name. I hate when I hear things that I can't see." Blaine complained after looking around to see who was talking to him.

Kurt's eyes were the size of saucers. "Wait-" He pulled Blaine out of the room. "Do you hear it too?"

Blaine furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "Hear what?"

"The people."

Something about the frantic look in Kurt's eyes unsettled Blaine slightly. "I think we all hear people, Kurt. Unless we're deaf."

Kurt shook his head. "No, not them. The- the people we can't see. Or at least, I can't."

Something clicked in Blaine's head, and he relaxed. "Kurt, when you said your mom was schizophrenic-"

Kurt cut him off, eyes big with excitement. "Yeah! My dad said she could hear them too. Can you?"

"No, I can't." Blaine said, and Kurt looked disappointed. "But, Kurt... you never really talk about your mom. What exactly happened to her?"

Kurt frowned. "I don't know. My dad said that she wasn't... mentally... stable..." Kurt trailed off, eyes widening as he realized what he was saying.

"Kurt-" Blaine started.

"They- they- it was them." Kurt whimpered, backing into the wall. "Blaine, Blaine, they won't hurt me, will they? They- they-"

Blaine walked back over to him, hugging him. "They won't. Not while I'm around. I won't let them."

Kurt wrapped his shaking arms around Blaine, burying his face into the crook of his neck. "But... my arm..." He mumbled, realizing why his father was so upset. His mother's arms had scars too. He only had one, though, for now.

"What do you mean?" Blaine asked softly.

Kurt shook his head. "I'll explain later. I trust you. I can stay safe."