Chapter 8

We quickly went back home so the boys could change into their new outfits, so I took this time to mentally prepare myself. The gut feeling that I had has just gotten stronger and I think it's making me slightly nervous to go to dinner. 

I took a few deep breaths as I curled my hair. I remembered how XinLong asked me if I had any purple shirts that had matched his, and I realized I had a dress in a similar color.

I took it out of my closet and laid it down on my bed. I knocked on the boys' door and asked for XinLong.

"Do you like this dress?" I asked him once he came into my room.

"It matches my shirt," he said and looked at his shirt then back to the dress. I nodded and pushed him out of my room.

"You stand out here. I'll need help zipping it up," I told him and shut my door.

I had to calm my breathing down before I slipped my clothes off and put the dress on.

"Ok, zip it up," I told him. He nodded and quickly zipped it up. I thanked him and left my door open, silently telling him that he could come in.

"Can I do something with your hair real quick?" I asked him and grabbed a pair of heels out from the back of my closet.

"Yeah." I grabbed a curling wand out from my bag of hair items and sat him down at the stool for my vanity.

"Do you use all of these?" he asked me and looked at the different make-up products I have sitting out.

"It depends. I keep them out for easy access," I told him as I waited for the wand to heat up.

I ran my hands through his hair and it was really soft. I turned the heat down so it wouldn't do too much damage.

Slowly, I started to give him a look of a perm but not permanent.

"Do you do hair for fun?" he asked me. I nodded as I was focused on trying not to burn myself or him.

"Hmm, you should do it professionally," he mumbled. I giggled at that and I unplugged the device.

"I'm gonna do something with journaling. Preferably journaling that involves me traveling to different places," I told him. He nodded and stood up.

"We should take some pictures!" I exclaimed and opened my phone camera.

"You have a ring-light too?" he questioned as I took the small ring-light out. I nodded and set my phone up on the tripod and turned the light on.

"How do you think I take pictures when I'm by myself? My room doesn't have the best lighting," I told him.

I turned a timer on and moved over to him. He made everything feel very natural. We took a few pictures of us looking like 'friends' then he moved his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I let out a small squeal that made him smile. I felt my face flush up as I looked up at him. He smiled down at me then realized he made me blush.

"Yes!" He did what seemed like victory laps around my room. 

"Are you two ready?" Zihao asked us. I nodded and took everything down before the three of us made our way down the stairs.
~~~
I looked at my mom in shock at how nice the restaurant was.

"Hi, table for Enger." The hostess nodded and brought us to our table.

I was sitting next to Zeyu, who kept whispering jokes to me.

"I won't stop until you laugh," he told me.

I looked him straight in the eyes and said, "haha." He looked at me confused before he started to laugh.

"Thank you," I said and bowed as you would after a play.
~~~
It was after dinner where XinLong and I were walking around before we had to leave.

Mom let us leave and gave us half an hour. We spent around half of it walking in silence.

"Hey, I have something I wanna ask you." I looked at him and he led us to a bench that was sitting out.

"Ask away," I said. He grabbed my hand and held it lightly. I could tell he was nervous, so I gave his hand a light squeeze, a gentle way of telling him it was ok.

"So, you know how we tend to like, act like a couple?" I nodded and he continued. "I don't know if you feel the same way, but I think we should stop doing that."

I let go of his hand and had a confused glare set on him. "What?"

"I feel like, that, umm," he rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at the ground.

"Umm?" I had my arms crossed and at this point, it was just a glare. I was hurt and angry. We've been acting like this for over two months and he just wants to stop?

"I'm gonna go back i-" "Not yet." I slowly sat back down and waited for him to give me a reason why I should stay in that moment.

"It hurts to do that stuff and no know if you like me back," he mumbled. I softened when he said that.

"Dummy, why do you think I got so upset when you said that it'd be best if we stopped? I think I've liked you almost since the whole time you guys have been here." He looked at me with the brightest smile I think I've ever seen.

"Really! You're not joking right now?" I shook my head no and he brought me up with him. 

"Woah," he said with wide eyes. He hugged me the tightest he's ever hugged me and I returned that same energy.

"Wait. Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" I nodded and we stood there for what seemed like hours until I heard Layla whistle.

"Damn, took yalls long enough. Yes, I did record the whole thing," she said and waved her phone in a taunting way.

All I could do was laugh at her behavior, not even an ounce of anger was present.

ngl, if I didn't know what was coming next, I'd assume this is the last chapter. Lemme just say this is, for sure, one of the best chapters that I've written of people getting together. Literally in love with it. Anyways, bye!! Love you all!! <3 (ps, last chapter next then epilogue)