Part 3

"Just interrupting his little moment," Nami softly hummed to the dial tone as she called Law without a second thought. Boldly seeking answers for herself, her patients quickly wore thin as she was left waiting. "Hurry up," she muttered, tapping her foot upon the ground, as he wasn't picking up fast enough.

"N-No! Don't!" In a panic, you scrambled up upon the counter frantically trying to stop her. Reaching out for her phone, she dodged your attempts each time narrowly escaping from your reach.

"Hold on," she tried to protest her decision before you had suddenly managed to snatch it away.

"Yes!" You breathed a sigh of relief as you were finally able to take her phone away from her before he could answer. "You were so close to giving me a heart—" trying to hang up, a familiar voice called out from the device abruptly stopping you.

'Hello?'

"Answer it!" Nami loudly whispered as she quickly urged you to do so. She continued to repeat herself in an increasing tone against your shaking refusal and plea to hang up.

Hesitating, you slowly brought the phone up to your ear. 'H-Hello?' You sheepishly replied to his calling as if the one on the other line was a stranger. Returning to your seat, you lowly slumped in anticipation to his reply.

He paused for a moment unsure if he was hearing correctly from just one spoken word. A calling of his name checking if he was still on the other line brought him back from his silence.

'[Name]-ya?' He questioned with almost relief in his voice to surprisingly hearing yours instead of the one listed with the number appearing on his screen.

'Yes?' You shortly answered unsure of what to say; Nami's shrugs to your look of confusion was no help at all. Shoving you into the lion's den, she was going to make you see this one through by yourself.

'Are you okay? Where are you?' Momentary relief turned into worry as to why you were using someone else's phone to call him. A varying list of ailments pointing towards the negative couldn't help but arise.

You bit your lip to his tone, a nervous voice questioning, you shook your head, 'I'm okay, I'm at the shop right now.'

'Oh,' he let out a small sigh to getting worked up over nothing. Playful laughter and barking behind the scene he could picking up on.

A soft word of 'good' muttered beneath is breath as he settled into a calm from your reassurance of safety. 'Do you want me to take you home? I can be there--'

"Yes!" Luffy quickly interjected before Law could finish. Raising an enthusiastic grin and tone to his friend stopping by, he couldn't help himself from suddenly disturbing.

Looking over your shoulder, you paused to the man listening in close; for how long he had been listening in was a mystery.

Although not for much longer as Nami stepped in to take care of the problem. A hearty pull of his red vest dragged him away to the back.

Wincing to the raven-haired man in pain, you turned back to the one on the phone left needing an answer. 'No, I'm going home now, don't worry.'

He thought about it for a moment before reluctantly giving in. 'Okay, be safe. I should be home soon, so I'll see you then?' He raised a slight questioning infliction to seeing you after.

'Y-Yeah,' you nodded despite him unable to see.

Taking one final deep breath, you knew that this was your chance to approach him. As he was saying his goodbyes, you sloppily interjected blurting a frantic 'wait.'