Chapter 28

August.

"Happy Birthday Mell." I exhaled the smoke that came from blunt.

"Yung?" I turned around giving Travis and Big T my undivided attention.

"You ready?" I nodded my head as I put it out and walked in behind them into the building.

I walked on the stage hearing all the fans screaming my name, the lights had dimmed as I took my seat on the stool they had placed in the middle of the stage. I let the music take control and I did my thang.

"Y'all I just wanna thank all y'all fo rockin' wid me tonight but before I go, I wanna share something.. people was telling me that this wasn't going to make it. That it wasnt what they was looking for. So to all the muthafvkas that ever doubted me fuck y'all! DJ Era drop that beat!"

"It's 2 o'clock and I'm faded
This kush feeling amazing
Got a voice mail on my phone
From a lil breezy feeling X-rated
She told a nigga she hurting
I'm in the car and I'm swerving
I walked into her bedroom
I put it down that's certain
Man I stay on that Ciroc
Man I stay taking shots
Man your girl be on my jock

Maybe because I'm everything your not
See I ain't no bitch nigga no rich nigga
No snitch nigga Ima real nigga that's real nigga
I'm just trying to chill cause
I'm way too drunk to be talking like this
I'm way too high to be tripping like this
I'm way too young to be living like this
Ask me why I do it?
I'ma put it like this
God Damn it

I luv it, I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
God damn it I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
So I'ma keep on drinking cause I luv this shit
And Ima keep on smoking cause I luv this shit

And I'ma keep on grinding cause I luv this shit
She tell me keep fucking cause she luv this shit
And I luv it

Rollin through my hood rolling up some good
Shorty lips be rolling on the wood
Damn she rode it good
Rollin over I ain't sleeping over
Now she rolling her eye
Rollin on the floor laughing
Cause she looks so surprised
Girl, you been around the block
And I been on that Ciroc
Got your man circling ya block"

I turned around wiping the tears off my face.

"She luvs it, she luv it yeahh" I finished up as the music faded. I sat the mic in the holder and walked backstage where I seen my family.

"You did amazing son!" My mom cooed as she brought me into a hug.

"Thanks momma."

I took off my shirt and put on the one Big T handed me.

"You did great out thea bro." Chandra smiled "Mell is proud of you." I pulled her in for a hug "Thanks sis.. and yeah I know."

I went in my dressing room grabbing all my things and left out.

"Uh hey there." I heard Reginæ's voice and instantly turned her way.

"Wassup?" She walked up closer placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Can I talk to you right quick?" I nodded my head as I opened the door to my dressing room.

"So-" I cut her off.

"Lemme go first.. Reginæ I love you and you know I'm in love with you. Your my everything baybeh and I adore you and Mell so much." I reached in my pocket and dropped to my knees.

"Næ I wanna spend the rest of my life with you.. will you marry me?" Her eyes immediately filled up with tears. I looked at her as the room grew silent waiting for an answer.

"I can't take that August.. I'm sorry."

I froze up not even knowing what to say, I was in shock that she just turned me down like that. Not even caring what she had to say I rushed out the building throwing the ring into the trees as I made my to my car.

Pissed off wasn't the word you could use to describe how I'm feeling. I can't believe she stood right there and turned me down. I've been trying my hardest to get back with her and prove myself but all she would do was tell me she's not ready or I'm doing something wrong. Like gahdamn I know I messed up but you don't always have to bring it up.

I was just driving around thinking about life not even having a place in particular I could go to.

Reginæ.

I stood in August dressing room crying my eyes out. I know he's mad at me and I'll be very lucky if he ever speaks to me again. "Why me god?" I sighed. All I wanted to do was be friends again.

I came here tonight to tell him that us getting back together would be a waste because I didn't feel the same anymore. Of course I still loved him but he broke my trust and him proposing to me was not going to fix it. What he don't he understand he cheated on me while I was pregnant.

I wiped my face as I left out his dressing room, and drove home. Hopefully he'll give me a chance to explain myself.