Chapter 13

1 month later..

Reginæ.

I fluffed out my hair a little bit, getting ready for the date August planned for today. I stole a couple of glances at my stomach seeing the little bump that formed. August has been questioning my weight gain every now and then but I been telling him it's all the food I've been eating lately of course he bought it.

"Ready?" he asked coming back in our room adjusting his hat. I nodded my head and smoothen out my skirt. "Where we going?" I asked clicking on my seatbelt. "For me to know and you to find out." I rolled my eyes already over his smart remarks. I placed my hands on my stomach something I would automatically do now.

Being in my second month now, I was getting better. I'm in that stage now where I'm craving. It's not weird foods though, it's the norm which I'm glad about so August won't become curious. We finally pulled up at the aquarium.

"This is nice." I smiled as we got out the car. He nodded his head and grabbed my hand. "Its cool." was the last thing he said until we walked inside.

"Welcome to Georgia's famous aquarium. Where you can take a look inside the aquatic life. Hope you enjoy yourself!"

I softly smiled and put my focus on the hammer head shark. "Babe! Do you see this?" I cooed tapping on the glass.

"You half shark baybeh?" he smirked. I hit him on the shoulder and proceeded to look at the rest.

We've only been here for a good thirty minutes and I was already starving. August wouldn't let me get any food because he thinks I just want to eat just to eat. "Can we now?" I whined dragging behind me.

"In a little bit, I got to show you something first." he took in his bottom lip; rubbing his gotee. I groaned and followed him to whatever he was leading me too. Walking into a dark room he felt around the wall for a light switch. Once the lights were on I came in contact with a single diamond gold ring that sat by itself on a table.

"Reginæ this ring is for you." He picked the ring up from the table sliding it on my right ring finger.

"This is just a promise ring ma. I promise to be by your side no matter what the situation is. I promise to respect and honor you while we're together. You've been my best friend for quite some time now and have never stopped being my friend. You've put up with me and my selfish ways even when you didn't have to. I just want to show ya how special you are to me. And wherever life may take us I want you to know that I'll always love you. I love you ma."

I wiped the tears that had fallen and pulled him into a hug. "I love you too." I smiled and pulled away from him. He wiped the wet spots off my face as he gave me a peck on the lips. "You still hungry?" he laughed. I nodded my head and immediately opened the door.

--

"I had fun today." I smiled at August propping my feet up on his lap.

"Good."

Our conversation came to stop and all that could be heard throughout the house was the TV. My phone had vibrated letting me know I had a text.

Chandra- Okay we got the place reserved on the day of. Don't worry about the food momma got that figured out. You need anything else?

I looked up at August seeing he had went to sleep which was even better because I wouldn't have to sneak to send a text message. I went on ahead and decided to plan his surprise party so it wouldn't be to late when the time came. Everyone knew I was pregnant now even his nieces. They all agreed to keep it a secret so that was off the list.

Me- yes see if you could get some of the family that's in TX & NOLA to come. He's always saying how he miss them.

I sent back to Chandra. I was real excited about this, I know August is going to be very happy about it. The last thing that I planned on doing was getting the cake done. Instead of a normal old birthday cake, for him to know I'm pregnant I decided that the cake should be it's a boy cake.

Chandra- okay mommy :) I'll text you to see if anything progress

Me- okay lol

I locked my phone back up sitting it on the floor. I climbed on top of August laying down on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tight taking me into his embrace. I soon grew tired and drifted to sleep.

--

"August.. stop" I groaned mushing his face.

"Get up."

I sat up so he could get off the couch and walked to our room. I tried to collect my thoughts before I got up following him to our connected bathroom. I emptied my bladder and washed my hands before I walked out.

"Come here." he mumbled from the bed. I did as I was told and climbed in laying right next to him. "Yes?" I asked rubbing my hands up and down his chest.

"I just wanted to lay with ya." he placed his hand on my stomach. I guess he felt me tense up because he moved his hand away.

"I can't wait to start a family man, I just want to be able to be the best dad or father I can for my kids. Show them everything I didn't have growing up."

"Kids? You want more than one?"

He laughed "Yeah man bout 8.. maybe 10." I shook my head, I can't produce that many nor was I trying to.

"Hell no August, I'm not popping out 8 or 10 big headed kids of yours." I chuckled a bit at my own joke.

"So now I got a big head now?"

"Yep."

"Well I want a lot of kids ma for real doe." I cuddled closer to him taking in his body scent.

"I say 4 at the least. If God wants us to have more they'll be more."

Not really wanting that many because I couldn't afford to mess up my body figure then have August look at me different. Or him fall out of love with me.

"Aight, let's stop before I end up popping one in you right now the way I'm feeling."
I laughed hard realizing he was dead serious.

Oh it's coming sooner than you think buddy.. I smiled at the thought of my child.