Tough Love

(A/N) Hello fellow reader. Yes I know you want to move on and continue reading, but I just need to borrow a moment of your time. I just figured out what Canva is and I wanted to figure out how it works, so I did a slight change to the cover. Also play the song above when it says as well. Enjoy 😜

(play music)

Today was just as cruel as every other day for the past few weeks. Raph had sleepless nights, tossing and turning, and sometimes he wouldn't even leave the bathroom where Mikey was placed. Raph couldn't stop thinking about if Mikey was ever going to wake up. The others would drop food by for him, but most of the time he refused it.

One day, Donatello and Leonardo were going on patrol. Donnie was about to walk up to Raph but Leo put a hand on his shoulder, "Leave him be..." Donnie looked back, but he nodded and they left.

He'd use his thumb to brush the dirt mark off Mikey's face lightly, but then he curled up his legs and put his forehead on his knees.

It's been days, weeks, months; 2 months to be exact. Yet Raph was still sitting there, waiting. The others started considering the worst, but Raphael refused to think about that. The time had come though, and the others were considering about burying Mikey.

"I'll go tell him." Leo sadly walked up to the bathroom and knocked on the door.
"Yes?" Leo sighed.
"We've been talking, and we think it's time."
"What? Time for what?!" Raph stood up in alarm, looking from Leo to Mikey and then back to Leo.
"We think... it's time for him to be buried." Leo said calmly, trying to hold back his tears. He could see Raph's watery eyes, but he was speechless.
"But-"
"No 'buts'. Donnie said we'll give him 2 more weeks." Leonardo walked out, with Raph about to cry. The words left him shocked, was Mikey really dead? His pulse was still there, but it was slower. Was Mikey slowly getting pulled away from existence? Then the water works came, he put his forehead on the tub, with one hand holding Mikey's.

A few days passed, and the others-including Master Splinter- finally talked him into leaving the bathroom and doing some training and patrols. Since there weren't four of them anymore, Raph didn't have Mikey to pair up with. (You can stop the music if you want now)

"Leo and Raph will go first, whoever 'wins' will go up against Donnie. Hajime." Raph charged at Leo and threw a few punches, the first two punches tagged Leo but the third got blocked. Raph went to kick but Leo grabbed his leg and tripped the other one, making him fall. Taking the advantage, Leo took out his Ninjatō, aka the Katana, and pointed it at Raph's throat; making him 'dead'. The fight didn't last long, Raph seemed very distracted to Leo.
"Ya-me."
"Hai, Sensei." Raph went to go sit and he watched Donnie and Leo fight. There fight lasted a tiny bit longer then what Raphael did. Leo managed to sweep Donnie's leg and flip him over, putting a foot on his shell, Leo made sure he couldn't get back up.
"Ya-me."
"Hai, Sensei." They all said. They bowed.
"You are done for now, goodbye." They all left at that, taking their normal positions. Leo was watching "Space Heroes", Donnie was in his lab working on god knows what, and Raph picked up a comic book and sat on the sofa.

But then there was a cough. Raph looked up at Leo, who didn't even move. There was another cough. Curiosity took Raphael over and he went to Donnie's lab.
"Ya, Raph?"
"... Did you hear coughing?" Raph asked, Donnie looked confused.
"No?"

Well, then who's making it? Maybe he was just hearing things. He went back to check on Mikey, sitting down, observing his peaceful body.

He sat down next to him and quietly said, "I'm sorry, Mikey... this was all my fault. I shouldn't have said all those mean things to you, and then you wouldn't have ran away, and you wouldn't be here right now." He heard the cough again and looked around, then Raph switched his view to Mikey, but he was still not moving.