Surprise Cody hates himself too oops

(tw: Alcohol usage for the whole chapter. Please skip reading this if you need to.)

"Whatever. See you tomorrow." Noah said before leaving the apartment while rolling his eyes one final time.

"Yeah, cya." Cody replied with a low tone. It was perfect timing. Occasionally Noah would get invited to hang out with Izzy and Owen, they were good friends of his after all. He'd often end up crashing there the whole night, leaving the entire home alone to Cody. They had asked him to come over at perfect timing though, because yet again him and Cody were in the middle of an argument. They both were overly stressed and tight on money so the feud was mainly on who's paying for what and who owns what. Stupid shit that turned into something bigger than it had to be. Before Noah could've gotten anymore aggravated with the whole situation, he received a text from Owen. He replied immediately, confirming that he'd be over soon. 

So Cody was alone. He sat at the couch staring down at his own two hands and began to fumble with them as thoughts rushed through his mind. He really doesn't deserve to be here. That night when his parents kicked him out was truly terrifying. The worst night of his life probably. Cody's parents were never the nicest, and definitely not towards him. It felt like they never cared enough for him and that night practically confirmed it. He knew they always saw him as a loser that wouldn't get anywhere in life. So yeah. His parents kicked him out for being a failure. Cody had planned to leave anyway due to how bad the verbal abuse from his parents, especially his father, had become. Were they really wrong though--? Just look at him now. A loser relying entirely on his roommate to get by. He didn't deserve any of Noah's help. All he was was another giant block of stress on him.

Cody groaned and stood back up. He shuffled his way to the kitchen and leaned on the fridge's handle, slowly opening it. He fumbled around in search for something like apple or orange juice, but ended up picking up a different beverage than originally planned. He grabbed a beer and shrugged. It had become more and more of a habit to just have a drink or two whenever he had the house alone to himself. It's also helped him get through secretly feeling pretty hurt after stupid arguments the past few times he turned to alcohol, so he took a swig while shutting the fridge. He didn't plan to overdo it, just a little buzz. 

No more than an hour later Cody sat at a small circular table, surrounded by harder liquor than just beer. He clearly had overdone it, mumbling drunkly to himself about the complaints and frustrations all on his mind. In case you didn't know, he was an extreme lightweight, but that was self explanatory. Cody hadn't gotten up from the table since he grabbed the liquor and wasn't planning on moving anytime soon due to the whole room spinning around him. Thank god Noah wasn't coming home tonight, he'd feel awful dumping his drunk self on top of him. Just another god damn burden. He took yet another swig, regretting in the back of his mind his large alcohol overconsumption. Too late to go back now. Plus it wasn't too bad, he was starting to feel better emotionally as he suffered more so physically instead. Cody laid his head down onto the table, feeling extremely exhausted and dizzy. He slowly began to close his eyes, about to drift to sleep. 

Then the door opened. Cody flung himself up so quickly he nearly fell off his seat, in fact he actually did. He grabbed onto the table then messily yanked himself back up. 

"Hey. Don't ask why I'm back, it doesn't matter." Noah called out from the front of the apartment while taking off his shoes and coat, not yet in the kitchen. Cody jumped in a panic while grabbing all the beverages he had indulged himself in. He shoved them into a random cabinet and shut it tight with a bit louder of a slam than expected. 

"The hell are you doing?" Noah questioned as he slid into the kitchen. 

"Nnnothing!! ehhehh..." Cody responded while throwing two finger guns at him. "Wha...What're yyou doing hhome?"