Prologue

~Jc's POV~

red, blue and white lights flashed. i stood behind the police tape, trying to see anything. i saw her there, Nathan was holding her. his hands pressed against her chest, where she was shot. i felt the tears coming... i looked away and breathed.

breathe. Hailey is going to be okay, i kept repeating that over and over again.

i turned back to Nathan, he had it the worst. Nathan found her like that, he was there when she was shot, when she fell, he picked her up and has remained by her side since then. he kept whispering to her, trying to get her to stay with us. reminding her that she'll be okay. both Hailey's and Nathan's hands covered in her blood, as it was seeping from her shirt.

i prayed she'd be alright, several times.

i looked around us to see Jace, Peyton and Lia standing around the crime scene. i'm sure one of them did this, but who? i don't know... yet. but i will, soon enough.

i know Nathan will look into this, considering the fact that him and Hailey were very close.

"move. moveeee... MOVE!" a yell came from behind us, as people were pushed around.

all of us, boys turned to see Hailey's mother followed by Connor's dad. we all knew Diana would react the worst out of all of us, for this was her only child.

"HAILEY!" she screamed, as she moved closer to the police tape. we all stepped back to give her room. she started crying, at the sight of her baby girl.

policemen rushed to calm her down. Nathan looked our way with sadness that filled his eyes. "miss, please calm down"

"THAT"S MY DAUGHTER" she yelled.

Nathan gently set Hailey down, as he got up and walked to Diana. "Nathan, please tell me she's okay" Diana begged, as all of us watched in silence.

"Diana... Diana i need you to calm down. we're going to take her to the hospital, since the paramedics have just arrived. you're free to come with us, but you need to calm down. whoever shot her missed her heart, but shot under her rib cage. are you coming?" he asked.

Diana nodded, as Nathan let her under the police tape. Nathan walked over to Hailey and slowly picked her up. He handed her to the paramedics as they layed her down on one of the cots, after strapping her in and loaded her into the car. Nathan helped Diana into the back of the car.

i looked to the boys, Connor patted me on the back. "don't you worry, she'll be okay"

"Jc, it's going to be okay" Sam assured me.

"thanks guys" i mumbled.

"let's just get home, and get some sleep. i'm sure you'll be able to see her tomorrow. it's been a long day, we all need to sleep" Ricky suggested.

"are you going to be okay Dad?" Connor asked.

"i'm worried about Diana the most, i'll be okay. you know i think of Hailey as my daughter, she'll be okay Jc. we'll all be okay"

~

i layed in my bed thinking about today, it was early in the morning and i couldn't sleep. my mind was somewhere else.

i can't get it out of my head that Hailey was shot, all because she knew who did this to her brother. what a silly thing to get shot over huh... i was i was there. i wish i knew who did this to her.

never the less, i will know.

soon enough, i will know.

~

THE WAIT IS OVER!

hi guys, so that was the prologue to the new book

kinda short for a prologue but idc.

are y'all excited? because i am! :)

so... who shot Hailey?

this story is going to be in Jc's POV for most of it. hehe

i really hope you guys enjoy this story :)

p.s sorry the cover sucks.. it was the best i could do.

ily

also, by the time this is posted, i will be on my way to the beach with my family for four days. so i'll try to write bits and pieces to chapter 1, but i can't promise that i'll update. ok bye :)