Chapter 10: The True Story

~ Hailey's POV ~

"Listen, before I start; just know I never wanted it to go down this way!"

"Y-you tried to kill me! Y-you hurt me in so many ways! You tried destroying my life! You tried to kill me and my friends!" I screamed

"And are you dead? No! Are you hurt? No! Are you're friends okay? Yes!"

"You are evil!"

"No. No don't say that. I did what I did for you Hailey. You just don't understand because I haven't told you the whole story. So please just hear me out. And after I've finished if you want to scream and curse me out then so be it".

"Very well, proceed"

"Look Hailey I've known you for a very long time. These people you've become close with.... They're not good people. They've pushed you away from me. They infected you with hate and slander against me. I'm not the bad guy here. I was just trying to help you. I've always wanted to help you" he started explaining.

"You turned Peyton and Lia against me!"

"Well you're correct about Peyton; she truly cares about you. And she will return eventually to pick things up with Sam again and their child.... But Lia is intimidated by you. Lia was only trying to save herself- she's obsessed with getting rid of you. Girl has serious mental issues"

"You're the mental one!"

He stepped closer and hushed me as his hand gently stroked my cheek, "Oh my sweet Hailey- that's where you are wrong. They've poisoned you. They've made you hate me. Like I said I'm not the bad guy here. I just want to help- but Connor has brainwashed you to hate me. How awful... They all betrayed me. That's why they will all pay. All of them".

"Look I know you're upset but hurting me or anyone else will not make you feel any better. You're unstable and I'm worried about you. Connor had nothing to do with this- he did not influence me in any way. I came to this conclusion on my own. I am not poisoned. I am not brainwashed. I am sane".

"No Hailey. You're not that's why you are here! I am so sick of this pain they've caused. They shouldn't of shut me out. And now they leave me with no choice!"

"You're talking crazy! Just give it up and I can find you so help. It doesn't need to be this way! I promise!"

He glanced outside from the window sill before turning back to me. "No it doesn't need to be this way- but it is. They abandoned me, they kicked me out. And now I seek revenge".

"Please. Maybe I can talk to them"

"No. I'm sorry I had to use you as a pawn but I need to do this. I need you to understand" he cocked his gun and sighed.

"Please. Please don't use it. You don't need that gun to resolve these problems".

"But I do. I have a few bullets and I know exactly who I need to take down".

"You won't get away with this. They'll find you. And then you'll be back here in a never ending loop. This won't solve anything. Anger and violence do not mix. Please reconsider!".

"Hailey I can't reconsider I been thinking about this for the past few years. I NEED to do this".

He walked over to me and say on the edge of the end. "Everything will be just okay. After all of this is over you will understand. It's almost over. I'm sorry it had to be this way" he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Please" I begged.

"My sweet Hailey" he sighed. "It was always supposed to end like this! You were supposed to be mine before they stole you away from me and brainwashed you".

"I don't understand".

"Of course you don't my sweet. But soon you will. I will get rid of all the bad people. I promise.  No one will ever touch you again".

"But Jc-"

"Is an evil man who took you away from me. I will destroy him. He took you from me Hailey! I loved you first and knew that! He will fall and I will rise. It's meant to be this way. I was supposed to be with you! Not him! He ruined everything! He ruined my life! He will pay!".

"No you can't" I began to cry, and little salty tears ran down my cheeks.

"Hailey, my sweet. I know you are sad now but once this is all over we can finally be together and no one will ever get in my way again".

"I don't want it to end this way. Please don't hurt him. Please" I cried.

"I'm doing this for us. My love, it's only us. You and me. That's the way it was supposed to be before all these people got in my way and took you away. You don't remember this but I do. I was devastated and began to think of how I could get you back to me".

"I don't want this"

"Hailey- you are mine. They took you from me. They deserve to die for all the pain and suffering I had to endure".

"You are sick".

"No my love you are. I'm just trying to help. God knows what they did to you. God knows what they told you!".

"Get way for me!" I began to thrash around trying desperately for him to get away.

"Oh dear, it's worse than I thought!"

I tried to escape him but I noticed I had been pin down to the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I knew this would turn out ugly; i had to take precautions to keep both you and I safe. Please don't be mad I was looking out for you. I didn't want you to hurt yourself".

"You're a monster!" I screamed as he began to hush me.

"No no sweet Hailey. They are the monsters. Don't worry you're safe with me now"

"Somebody help me!" I screamed.

"They can't hear you. They won't hurt you anymore".

"Please stop!" I cried.

"I can't. It's already begun"

"Please Ricardo stop... I love him. I love Jc!" I cried, harder.

"I know. That's why i have to kill him".

~

Hello everyone yes I am alive. I really hope you enjoyed this longer chapter. And congrats to everyone who guessed it was Ricardo.

Speaking of Ricardo.. Do you trust him?

He has kind of a 'obsession' with Hailey.

Do you believe Hailey is mentally ill or is it Ricardo.

I missed all of you and I am sorry this chapter took so long- I just wanted it to be perfect and it could've been written in an entirely different direction.

I hope you loved it. See you guys soon. I have a feeling this book will only be a couple of more chapters- it depends on where I want this story to go.