Isn't She Lovely?

This is my first story..... so please don't judge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This is a story line of when they were still young, so please just play along)

You may think being an only child living with a single dad is hard but for me, it's horrendous. He's not often with me and I'm always left alone with my nan. My dad's a surgeon, his work schedule isn't normal compared to other fathers'.  I'm not saying that my dad doesn't care about me or something, what I'm just implying here is that I'm a 13 year old girl who's known for being a tomboy in school. I would dress up with The Beatles or Ramones shirts, I find them much more comfortable than those pumps and tank tops. 

"Joanna! Breakfast is ready!" my nan Marsha shouted.

I turned the hair dryer off with my hair flying in all directions. I walked downstairs.

"Well don't you look horrendous." My dad said.

As always, with a newspaper in front of his face with his coffeee and syrup-full waffles.

"Here you go, love." my nan Marsha placed a plate of butter-full pancakes and her infamous, delicious hot chocolate.

 "Mhhhmmm!" I rubbed the palm of my hands together.

"Your hair  is so messy." she quickly combed it and made it into a bun.

While my dad I were sat by the table, eating, the doorbell rang.

"That must be Des!" My dad stood up from his seat and walked towards the front door.

I could hear their greetings being said and all that shit from here. I continued eating and drinking, since I was freaking hungry. Then there were 3 men stood by the entrance of the dining room.

"Hello Harry." I greeted.

"Hey Jensen." he replied.

Yes, my name is Joanna Jensen. I like my name, McFly even made a song about it. Well not necessarily for me, but you get the picture. 

The 3 of them sat around the table as nanna Marsha placed their food and drinks in front of them.

"So how's Anne, been handling you two now that Harry's off to high school soon?" my dad asked.

"Well there's something, I need to tell you." I looked at the both of them as they looked at me.

"Alone." he added.

Harry just looked down as I stared at my food.

"Honey, why don't you and Harry go to where you guys used to go... when you were little...." Dad suggested.

"You mean by the lake?" I asked.

"Yeah." he nodded his head.

"Um... okay." I replied.

I could tell they only want us to go there so that Des, Harry's dad, could tell my dad about the thing he wanted to tell him.

Harry and I walked out of the house and took our bikes from the garage.

"My mum and my dad are getting a divorce." he said plainly.

"What? Why?" I questioned.

"I don't know. They've been arguing each and everyday about how my dad's schedule is messed up and my mom couldn't keep up with her chores, since dad's a lazy guy and stuff." he explained.