Chapter II

~Luke's POV:
" How the hell did he get here?!" I looked at my mate Calum. "I don't have a clue mate but, Ash and Michael are on it with some extra guys." I look towards our security cameras and saw the intruders walking around near the palace entrance.

" I knew I should've added security to the kingdom! This is exactly what happened to my parents when...when..." I tugged at my hair and covered my face as I remembered the day my parents were murdered. The same people we trusted in and confided our kingdom with, where the culprits of the betrayal and the dark days of Babylon.

"Luke, me, I understand what you're saying, but they're only 20 guys here. We have over 50 men working for us who can stop them at a moments notice."  I thought about his words as I attempted to calm down.

" Alright then. Calum, get reinforcements here ASAP. For now, call Michael and Ashton so they can get to the main palace." He nodded and went out to do as I asked. What could he want? He already took my parents, what else could he want from me? Suddenly I hear an explosion near the palace entrance and immediately look at the cameras. 

"Shit, Shit, SHIT!  They've blown the doors down!"

I instantly dial Calum. "Calum, get Michael and Ashton and her extra guys and make sure you capture as many of those little shits as you can. If HE is here, knock him around a little but DON'T kill him. I'll move Katherine to a safer location."
I grab the gun and an extra clip. 

"I'm coming princess."

~Katherine's POV:
 Ever since Luke let me go and went on and disappeared, I've tried to figure out what he meant.

 "King? How can you be king of a kingdom that's been gone for over 2000 years?"

I then shake my head and think about how I could possibly escape this place. Suddenly, I hear a large explosion and feel the floor beneath me shake.

"What the hell?"

 The door to my room begins to give loud thuds... as if someone was trying to open the door from the other side. My suspicion was answered when the door gave way and revealed a group of 4 men. One of them looked around and saw me.

"Well, hello there princess."

He began walking towards me as I backed away. " Who are you? What do you want?" I ended up being cornered next to the California king bed I was laying on earlier. He laughed and stood in front of me as the other three men rummage through the room.

"I, my princess, am Shawn. Shawn Mendes, the TRUE King of Babylon." He smiled wickedly and gave a sinister stare.

"There's nothing here boss. The ring must be somewhere else."  His smile immediately vanished and turned into an angry scowl. He turned to look at the other 3 men and yelled at them, "THEN TURN THE PALACE INSIDE OUT! I WANT MY RING BACK!" The 3 men immediately nodded and began to search every nook and cranny of the room to find this string. I then hear Shawn's voice closer than before, as I jump in surprise.

"Dear Princess, tell me, have you seen my beloved ring?" He looked me in the eyes with a dangerous smile. 

"I-I don't know what ring you're talking about. I don't even know why am here." He shook his head and 'tsk'-d at me with a malicious smile.

"That's not the right answer princess." He proceeded to retrieve a pocket knife and began playing with it menacingly. "Now princess, you have two options: you can either tell me where the ring is, or I'll have to leave you to die a slow, and painful death. Which do you choose?"

As I was about to answer, I hear a loud shout from the entrance of the room. " BACK AWAY FROM HER BEFORE I BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT MENDES!" Shawn laughed and stood up slowly.

" Ah, Luke. Is that any kind of language to have in front of our dear, dear princess?"