Ace x Marco (1)

*Ace's P.O.V!*

I was running with Luffy, smiling as we moved in sync when fighting against the marines. Marco joins in with Izo and Haruta, laughing and fighting as we run to our freedom, family and friends. I was free, and ready to go on more adventures with Luffy and Marco, but I guess that would never happen. I freeze when Akainu makes a horrible comment about Whitebeard being a scum and a coward, angering me and snapping something inside of me. I begin to fight him, not thinking twice about the consequences for my actions as I recklessly fight him. I realize too late that I'm not strong enough to defeat him, and as I go to attack him, he hits me in the leg, inmoblizing me as he then sets to killing Luffy, who is too busy picking up the paper piece I have him back then. I don't think or hesitate, and suddenly I'm in front of Luffy, with my back to Akainu, with his lava fist protruding from my chest as I blocked his attack with my body. I fall to my knees as Luffy catches me, Marco and Jimbei distracted Akainu from attacking again, Marco yelling at him with tears and hatred. I cried, softly telling Luffy my last words as I make eye contact with Marco. I smile one last time before falling down, knowing I'll never feel the pain when I hit the ground. I close my eyes, with one last thought on my mind, knowing we'll meet again. "Goodbye my love, see you soon!"