[ Chapter Three - Mistake ]

Tino lied.

They weren't meeting everybody there.

Nearly all of them were getting lifts from Tino.

Now, Lukas wasn't exactly a social butterfly, so it's safe to say that he'd never been crammed into a seven seater car with with seven other people.

And it's also safe to say that he didn't like it.

Berwald was driving - obviously - and Tino was riding shotgun - also obviously - and neither had said a word to anybody else.

In the back, Gilbert and Erzsébet were doing something that sounded like an awful lot of making out. Lukas didn't bother checking. He was pushed right up against the edge of the car, right next to somebody called Eduard - a close friend of Tino.

Next to Eduard was a young Asian boy kissing his dear younger brother.

Emil hadn't acknowledged Lukas.

"Tolys and Feliks are definitely making their own way there, aren't they?" Tino checked, just as he started up the car.

They best be making their own way. Lukas was feeling claustrophobic as it was. He didn't need another couple making out right in front of him.

Lukas had never met Feliks or Tolys, but he knew they were together. Fuck, everybody knew they were together! They were the university's power couple.

God, it felt like Lukas was in high school.

"Yeah." Came Eduard's voice besides him, "I think Ivan's dropping them off. Thank god for that."

"He didn't offer you a ride?" Tino cried, driving at such a speed that Lukas felt glued to the back of his seat, "God, was he really pissed off about, you know?"

And with that the whole car erupted into laughter regarding an inside joke Lukas didn't have a clue about.

Except Emil and the Asian. They were still kissing and hugging and acting too old for their age.

After recovering from his chuckling, Eduard answered. "No, no, he offered me a lift, but I didn't quite fancy having to sit next to those two practically fucking each other raw."

Lukas snorted at that, but nobody heard him because Tino spoke over it.

"Ahh, well I'm afraid you can't quite escape that." Tino giggled as he pulled to a stop at a red light, gesturing behind him, "Hey, lovebirds! Nobody wants to see you giving each other hickeys! Oh good Lord, Emil! Look at how dark that one is! You'll rub your makeup off."

The couple looked like two deers caught in headlights. Emil, dressed as a skeleton, scowled and pulled the collar of his leather jacket up a bit higher.

Emil used to hate leather jackets. He said they made his skin look too white. He used to wear lopapyesas almost daily.

"Well nobody wanted to hear you and Berwald drunk-snogging after that party last week, either." Purred a smooth, sly voice. It was the Asian boy. He still had one arm wrapped tightly around Emil's waist, and the other buried deep in his wispy platinum locks.