your grace

The throne room is grand and full of wonders as far as the eye can see. The tall pillars reach to the high ceiling like stone giants. The marble polished floors shimmer like the pools of water, back home in Valdell where I often played as a child. In all my 15 years, I had never seen something as beautiful as the castle in King's Landing. My families castle is without a doubt a spectacle but it had nothing on the King's home.

Atop a stone stage sits Joffrey Baratheon, my king. His throne, spiking with iron swords, melted down to form his chair. It's threatening appearance matched the persona of it's sitter. We had all heard the stories about a certain Joffrey Baratheon. How he had Ned Stark decapitated and forced his wife to be Sansa to look upon her fathers severed head. Just by looking at the King for the first time, I could tell that Sansa had a lucky escape when she was denounced and replaced by Margery Tyrell as Joffrey's queen to be.

Margery stood beside her future husband with an air of warmth. She did not appear harsh and wicked like Joffrey who was slumping in his throne and staring down at my family like we were peasants as we approached. Margery is beautiful, I couldn't help but stare at her radiant beauty. Her copper hair is long and wavy like the sea on a breezy day. She is dressed in an aqua blue gown that is fairly low cut and shows just enough cleavage to leave the rest to the prying men's imagination. She wore upon her face an unusual smile which resembled a pout. To the wrong person this smile could seem like an insult but I could tell she was sincere.

On the other side of Margery was Jamie Lannister. Jamie, also known as, The Kingslayer. He stood proudly with his left hand resting on his sword, ready to pull it out at the slight danger of his King and nephew being harmed. Or should I say, his son.

Everyone in Westeros had heard of the foul rumours regarding Jamie Lannister and his twin sister Cersei, the queen regent. Joffrey was said to be the product of incest. Perhaps it is true, perhaps it is not.

Cersei was sat on the other side of The King. She wore the Lannister red colours on her stiff gown which was common in King's Landing. Her signature Lannister golden locks were waist length and the sides were twisted to the back of her head.

Beside his mother, was sat Prince Tommen. There are rumours that he too is a product of incest but I don't like to believe that. Tommen looks older than his true age of 12. His hair is too the Lannister blonde which does do the sick rumours justice yet I chose again to ignore it. Tommen exchanged a nervous smirk with me as my family bowed and curtsied to the rule family.

"The Iyerst family" Joffrey said with a spiteful grin "it is a pleasure to have you in my home"

My father stepped forward and bowed deeply to the King "Your grace, it is an honour to be here"

"Markus Iyerst" the queen greeted my father with a respectful nod.

"My queen" he replied and his curly black and silver hair fell in front of his eyes as he dipped his head.

My father was good friends with the old King Robbert Baratheon in their youth. As a result of this, the queen and my father were fairly familiar.

"Introduce your family" Joffrey ordered.

I caught eyes with him and he sat forward in his throne. I quickly averted my eyes but I could still feel his penetrative gaze on my exposed flesh.

My blue chiffon gown was not as low cut as that of Lady Margery's but it didn't stop Joffrey staring at me.

To represent my house, I wore a golden lizard arm cuff. The lizard was the symbol of house Iyerst like the Lion was for house Lannister. I wore my dark curly hair down and imbedded various flowers into it. Each flower was a various shade of blue.