The Song

My friend Raziah strided over to me from the parking lot to the front of a school gym and you could see the party through the windows, inviting you to come chill. The colored lights spun and danced through the dark just right. Everything was so perfect, and that was the something I wouldn't forget. The music was muffled and each time the door opened you could hear the chatter. Before I knew it I was just standing there, peering out onto the setting sun.

"Helloo? What is up with you lately, you aren't as fun," Raziah doubtfully looked at me, "Sabrina, come on, we got boys to meet and punch to drink!"

I blinked furiously, the sunset's image burned into my eyes and looked at her. She was so beautiful, hard to believe she was still single. Her narrow asian eyes, but dark african skin. Her straight long, black hair.

"Let's do it!!" I smiled wide, and locked my arms with hers. We strutted into the room, two best friends and so much time. We went straight for the dance floor.

The night passed quickly was filled with dancing, music and more friends.

Near the last hour, song requests were open. Me and Raziah we're standing there and excitedly exchanged looks. We went and requested our favorite song.

It was played right after we asked for it, and we went to dance. We mouthed the words and it was a blast.

Raziah leaned to my ear and said to me, "See Bryan over there? He isn't with anyone, exactly your type," and then she walked away. I couldn't see her anywhere, so I walked over to him.

I looked at him. He was tall and had messy brown-blonde hair. Something about him was gentle; loving. His eyes were dull green but dull had never been so beautiful. I looked at him and smiled, "How about this song?" he looked like he was enjoying it and said, "It's my favorite. I love this song," I looked at him surprised, "This is his most unpopular album, a lot of people make fun of it. I am actually surprised. What other songs do you like of his?"

We both got into the conversation and talked about music for the rest of the night. I forgot all about Raziah. Driving home, I was so excited.

Raziah knew all about it. She planned it.