5. Reuniting (Boromir x reader)

(AU WHERE BOROMIR SURVIVES... BECAUSE YES)

The Battle of Helm's Deep was won.

Every survivors were gathering in Edoras to celebrate; and also you were among them.

On the sides of the great hall, next to the pillars, you were able to see – among everyone – Eowyn with a wine glass approaching king Theoden who took and raised it.

"Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. All hail the victorious dead!".

"Hail!" everyone cheered.

And after that celebration began. Music was played and in every corner of Meduseld there was everyone smiling and laughing.

You made your way among the soldiers to reach a table and sit down and while walking you weren't paying attention as you were busy looking at everyone and smiling at that cheerful scene... just until you got back to reality when you ended up bumping into someone.

"I – I'm sorry" you humbly apologized speaking to the air. You then turned to see who it was and to look at the person for politeness... and when you looked at who was standing in front of you your eyes went wide.

Shoulder length chestnut brown hair, blue eyes and a noble posture... you knew only one person like that; in your life you got to know only one noble man. Could it be him?

He didn't talk to you, he just smiled back and then got away.

You were surprised and stood there on the spot like a statue.

"Everything ok?". A masculine voice caught you back to reality.

It was Eomer.

You nodded but in reality you were confused... confused and intrigued at the same time by that man and in that way you decided to look out for him and see with your own eyes who he was.

And while searching for him you found yourself out the palace.

You stood there out the door under the starry night and in silence you observed the man you bumped into who was right in front of you.

"No way" you whispered catching his attention on you. He turned at you as he heard someone talking behind his back... and when you got to look at him again you had no doubts he was him.

"B-Boromir?" you called out for him "Is that you?".

"Who's asking?".

"Y/n... you don't remember me? I know it has been months since we first met in Minas Tirith but I couldn't think you could forget me.".

"Y/n..." he repeated to himself and then a smile appeared on his face.

At that you were all happy he regained his memory and you went to him to hug him.

"It's so nice to see you again" he told.

"Yes it is". You looked at him and looking into his blue sky you recalled the feeling you had the first time when you two first met: your heart warmed up and your eyes went all loving.

You stood silent in front of each other until you mustered some courage to give him a quick kiss on his lips. Since you two met you always wanted to do that; you just fell in love with him at first sight and you couldn't resist it nor him.

"F-Forgive me" you mumbled looking on the ground and then you turned to go back inside the palace.

You were going back and just right before opening the door Boromir stopped you by taking you by the arm. You looked at him a bit perplexed and taking advantage of you being confused he smashed his lips on yours and started kissing you passionately.

In the passion of the kiss Boromir encircled his arms around your neck and you reciprocated the gesture while feeling a rush of heat coming over you.

You then parted to catch some air.

"I love you y/n; I always love you since we first met" Boromir looked at you and caressed your cheeks.

"Me too".

"This time I'm not going to leave without you, I promise".

He smiled and after taking your hand in his he lead the way back inside the palace.