Chapter 2: Sarkany

Arriving at the scene, Isaac's eyes grew wide. Before him there were at least thirty demons and few hellhounds. The massacre that was happening made him want to turn back the other way. But, the hunter stood his ground and drew his silvery blade from its sheath. With it he charged into the battle with a ferocity like his ancestors before him. Taking down his first demon, he looked over to see Jackson with his massive broadsword. He wore battle armor made by the blacksmith. A large, black demon held him cornered.

Just as the beast was coming down for a strike, a blade pierced through it's chest. Jackson looked at the blade, at the demon, then at Isaac.

"Thanks, but now's not the time for gratitude, behind you!" Jackson shouted. Isaac spun around just as a hellhound leapt at him. He did a side-step the slammed his blade down on its neck, severing its head from it's body.

The rest of the guards were fighting the demons, two or three guards at a time. A hound tackled one and tore into his shoulder before being slain by another guard. Isaac and Jackson pulled together a small group of strong men and women and gave them swords. The weak children and women who didn't wish to fight went down to the old bomb shelter. With the small battalion of troops, they managed to take down a few demons. A taurus demon lowered its horns and ran full speed at the team. Some stepped away in time, others took the hit. Isaac jumped over and landed onto the demons back, running his sword through the back of its massive neck. The beast fell to the ground dead.

Jackson came up behind Isaac "Hey kid! Not sure how much more we can take!" He yelled. His face was drenched in sweat and his shirt soaked with demon blood.

"Just a bit more. if we can take down a few more they'll scatter!" Isaac yelled above the noise, "...Hopefully!" He added.

"Hopefully!? That's what you're runnin' on? Hope!? I always knew you were brave..but this is just down-right stupid!" Jackson shouted in reply.

"Trust me, they aren't here to murder the rebellion. They're looking for someone! Look at how they're making charges for the building. They're trying to get at someone inside!" Isaac explained.

He was right, the demons kept charging trying to break the lines to get inside. Jackson looked at Isaac "A'right, but if I die, My blood's on your hands!... Just a little pep-talk!" The warrior joked.

Isaac smirked then rushed back into the heat slamming a hound in the side of its head with the pommel of Faithless.

After what seemed like hours of fighting, they managed to bring the thirty demons down to just seven. And just as Isaac had predicted, they all suddenly stopped attacking as if something were calling them, and bolted back in the other direction. Cheers went up through the crowd as the demons ran. Isaac looked over at Jackson who instantly began taking control, telling everyone where to go, "Move the fallen to the cemetery to be buried! Jameson! Go down to the cellar and get the people who're down there!" Everyone began to move as Jackson barked out orders to his troops.

Back inside, Isaac went to the small bar set up in the mess hall. He picked up a small glass and poured some freshly made whiskey. The amber liquid burned as it washed down his throat. He set down the now empty glass and ran his hand through a mess of brown hair.

The bartender was a sweet, blue-eyed girl, roughly Isaac's age. "Anything I can get ya?" Her voice was soft and friendly.

Isaac felt bad that his voice was rough from years of whiskey and cigarettes. "Just another fill."

She smiled and poured him another glass. "So glad that little scruff outside is over."

Isaac accepted the glass and drank it down. "Yeah." Was all he could think to say. Isaac was never good at talking to girls. Being raised a hunter never really gave him social opportunities like this.