Veintiseis.

Salice Rose Thompson.

I grabbed the air horn before pressing it

"GET UP MAGGOT!"

Klay jumped and rolled over , looking at me like I was crazy with tired eyes.

"Salice , what-"

"Get dressed. Meet me downstairs in five."

Klay sighed and got up anyway. I went downstairs and waited for him by the back door. Klay soon came back down , rubbing his eyes with his fists. I patted him down to see he had his phone. I took it out of his pocket and tossed it on the couch. I walked outside and he followed me. I shoved a water bottle in his chest.

I grabbed my timer and was about to start it.

"Run the trail and come back in thirty minutes."

"I can't run that fast. Salice."

"And if you don't come by twenty five minutes , I'm gonna  pack my shit up."

"I stayed up all night putting your stuff back."

"Oh well." I shrugged.

"Salice! How can I run that fast ?"

"Anything is possible when you love someone." I smirked at him. " Okay go." I said, pressing the button as the timer started.

Klay sent me a glare before taking off. I just simply walked in and saw Rocco looking at me. I bent down and stuck my arms out. He hesitated before walking over.I picked him up and held him.

"Mommy missed you, she's not leaving anymore."

Rocco licked my cheek before laying his head on my shoulder. I coddled him like a baby and grabbed a bowl of cereal. I gave him some even I know I shouldn't have. I checked the timer to see it was twenty six minutes that passed. I grabbed Rocco and got in my Jeep.

I was fucking bluffing when I said I was leaving.

Even if I wanted to , I know I can't.

I saw it hit almost twenty nine minutes. I put Rocco in the passenger and started my Jeep and acted like I was gonna pull out when I saw Klay running towards me from the side of the house. I smirked and actually started backing up. Klay ran to the back of my Jeep and I slammed on the breaks and parked.

"Are you fucking crazy ? I almost broke your ribs again." I spoke , getting out with my hands on my hips.

"You made me run over seven miles in thirty minutes and I have a hang over." He said, panting with his hands on his knees. I heard his stomach gurgle and his body lurched forward. My eyes widened as he ran to the bushes and threw up.

"Gross."

Rocco jumped out and ran to Klay and watched him throw up with amazement. I laughed and ran to grab Rocco. I grabbed him.