Chapter Five

Chapter Five

~Liam's POV~

“He's talking to Veronica.” Emily said slamming her hands down on my desk. I looked up at her and raised a brow. I was sitting in class minding my own business when Emily comes over here like a mad women talking about Veronica. I wanted to roll my eyes but I knew that she would slap me upside the head. Emily and Veronica are in a blood feud, as Emily's family hates Veronica's and vice versa. I didn't quite understand why, but I didn't ask. Although, Ethan was a lot more chill about it than Emily. I think it's just a girl thing.

“And this is a problem because?” I asked.

“Look, family quarrels aside, that bitch is no good. I swear that if she lays her disgusting little hands on Michael I'll rip her apart.” She said sitting down next to me. I handed her a piece of paper and she instantly started to tear the innocent paper.

I sighed, “Just calm down. I'm sure Michael can contain himself.” I said and almost laughed. But the look she gave me when I said 'calm down' was enough to make me feel as if I was going die in my sleep tonight.

“I know. But I just really hate her.” She said ripping off another piece of paper.

I sighed. I've barely talked to Veronica, but from what I've personally seen, she isn't that bad. Maybe a little pushy and has an obsessive need for beanies. But it wasn't that bad. She seemed nice enough. And well, to Emily, she was just the opposite. I guess that it's female intuition or something but I hadn't seen anything out of the crazy box just yet. Besides, she had a boyfriend that she would never leave. Can't say the same for her boyfriend who looks at everything with boredom. I didn't understand why she was with him but I honestly try not to get into any of that anymore.

Looking back at Emily I said, “If it makes you feel better I’ll talk to him about it, okay? But if he wants to go than I'm not going to stop him. He needs friends. Cut him some slack Emily. It's his senior year and he doesn't have anyone to hang out with other than me. And it's probably annoying.”

She sighed and didn't say anything more on the matter.

Once school was over I headed towards the forest and met up with Michael. I greeted him with a kiss and wrapped my arms around his waist. We decided to walk a little through the forest to an opening. Michael laid out the blanket and we laid down. I wanted to ask him about Veronica as I had made myself anxious through out the day. But I didn't want to seem like I was keeping tabs on him or something. So we laid there looking up at the clear blue sky. Holding hands and just being together. Michael sighed and sat up on his elbows and looked at me.

His green eyes staring into mine. Captivating me and making me stop breathing just for a little bit. And I ask myself why I'm so worked up because I really shouldn't be. Why does Michael make me feel so crazy and I barely even know him? But he makes me so happy and I can't fight my happiness because it feels so good being happy after being so sad for so long. Maybe it's because Michael can understand how it feels to want something so bad only to not be able to get it. And knowing that it hurts like nothing you've ever felt before.

I felt a sharp pain prick at my chest as I recalled his words from a few nights ago. About him not being beautiful, just broken. And I wanted to fix that. I wanted him to know that I love him and that I would do anything for him. That I'm not going to leave him. I reached up one hand and cupped his cheek. He gave me a small smiled and lean down to kiss me. I took the time to enjoy the slow sweet kiss. Learning every curve and edge. Tasting the sugary taste of Michael. Breathing in his scent. Intoxicating myself with it.

Michael pulled away and put his head on my chest. I stroked his hair and he sighed.

“What's wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said. He shifted his head up to look at me. “I think I made a new friend today.”

I raised a brow and pretended like I didn't know who he was talking about, “Really?”

He nodded his head, “Ya. Her name is Veronica. She invited me to hang out with her and some of her other friends this Friday. I was actually planing to hang out with Rick though and she said I could just bring him along and I checked with him and he was cool with it. So I feel a little better about it.” Michael explained.

I also felt more relived to hear that Rick was going with him. I had met him, Noah, and Andre. They were the ones that frequently came over. So I got to know them. They were nice people. Although, Rick did question the hell out of me. He was very protective over Michael and eventually warmed up to me after Michael told him to calm down. So naturally, I felt better about Michael going places when Rick was there protecting him when I couldn't.

“Well then, you should have fun!” I smiled at him.

A/N: So just some fluff and stuff on Veronica that could or could not be important :P Anyways, hope you enjoyed this short chapter. Next time we get to see how things on Friday go! And get a proper introduction to Rick <3 Picture is of Emily played by Ellie Goulding!