Chapter 8

Inferno is the evolution of Blaze. Blaze is the evolution of Fire. Which meant Inferno was triple the anger, triple the chaos and a thousandfold of firepower.

He was wearing a red bohemian collar scarf with a fire symbol that resembled a phoenix on the collar. His clothes had changed to a sleeveless vest under the scarf, black shorts, fantasy-like strapped sandals that went below his knee. On his head, a gold laurel wreath nestled in his hair instead of his cap.

He would never use Inferno unless he could help it, but these people had betrayed his trust two times in a row. Goes to show you can never trust anybody when you're a superhero.

Besides, it makes him look like some fairy tale mage. (Perfect for cosplay.)

"Ca – calm down, Boboiboy!" Fang cried. "Don't lose control!"

Inferno growled. Lose control? They started it!

Kaizo equipped his amber mask. Admiral Tarung was ready to wrestle this screaming ball of fire with his bare hands.

They lasted about five seconds. The heat worn them out before Inferno touched them.

Fang had barely managed to create a barrier to shield himself, Ciciko and his friends from the flames. He wasn't sure how his brother and the admiral were faring. This wasn't the Boboiboy that had worked with them. This was someone much more dangerous and powerful.

Through the cracks of the wall he created, Fang could catch glimpses of the battle. Inferno was as fast as Thunderstorm, but stronger, more destructive and completely at random. He obliterated Kaizo's amber energy barrier like it was paper. He dodged every admiral's attack and deflecting it with more force. Fires spread around the entire station.

It was a free for all. Kaizo focused on surviving. Tarung was running on his fighter spirit alone. Inferno had taken everything out of them, but that was like a cup of water trying to extinguish a forest fire.

"He's – he's so powerful!" Yaya gasped, trying not to budge from her spot. One wrong move and she'll be a shish kebab. "How?"

Another array of stray flames collided against the shadow barriers. Fang grunted. This was taking almost all of his energy, and they weren't the ones being attacked. They were the bystanders, but the power that Inferno emitted alone was suffocating.

Fang bit his lip. He daren't peek at the battle, but from the explosions alone he could tell that it was a one-sided beating from Inferno to Kaizo and the admiral. If he could toss them around like ragdolls, what chance did they stand against him?

Still, they couldn't sit around watching them getting pummelled! He didn't mind seeing his brother getting humiliated in a battle once in a while, but this was a massacre. This was no laughing joke. If they didn't stop Boboiboy, they would die a very painful death.

Ying's face was paler than usual as she held Yaya's hand. Gopal was mainly curled up into a ball as he prayed to whatever to let them escape just fine. Boboiboy wasn't just powerful – he was a god, totally out of their league.

"I have an idea," Fang said.

"Oh, great," Gopal whined. "We're all going to die!"

Inferno was pissed beyond relief. His attacks made contact with the admiral and Kaizo without missing a beat. He knew this was mindless destruction and unnecessary violence, but he couldn't help himself.

The anger that had piled up within him had been stockpiling ever since he had become a superhero. From the times where Gopal caused them more trouble than they needed to the moments where the missions they received made no sense at all.