Chapter 14

Fang had not the slightest idea regarding Boboiboy's motives, but what he did had a lead on was that he was a total ass.

"Wake up, sunshine! You're wasting daylight!"

Fang fell off his bed. "It's only three in the morning!"

"Great time for running ten miles! Get your lazy ass downstairs or I'll make you!"

And that was how Fang was trying to catch up to Boboiboy on their daily ten-mile run. It was only seven, but he had already run out of his energy. He collapsed on the sandy beach, the waves lapping up around him.

Boboiboy noticed and turn back, running in one spot. "You can sleep later! Three more miles to go. Or are you too weak?"

Fang gritted his teeth. Despite his burning limbs, he forced himself to his feet and glared at him.

Boboiboy grinned, amused. "Well, if you can stand, you can run. Let's hope you don't get lost on the way back!"

Fang wouldn't admit it, but his legs gave out after a few steps. He was startled out in three am and started the morning for a ten-mile run on an empty stomach. No powers allowed, rely solely on physical strength.

Boboiboy turned back and sighed again. "Fine. You can use your powers, but you'll have to run an extra two miles."

Breathing a sigh of relief, he began to summon a shadow panther, but Boboiboy grabbed his hand, stopping the process.

"Only the elements."

"I can't even control them!"

"If I can control them when I was seven, you can too. I don't care which one you use. You can use Light for all I care. Quit whining and go!"

Fang glowered. He activated the watch, but the seven symbols of the elements seemed to be taunting him. He'd seen Boboiboy use Lightning's speed and Light's teleportation. Maybe he could teleport twelve miles – would that count?

Still, there was no other option. He was stuck with Boboiboy until he lets him go. He had seen him wreak havoc upon TAPOPS with one single element. His older brother – a seasoned captain – had been bested by him with ease. He was now his hostage, and he won't hesitate to murder if he's forced to.

But what if it's unstable? He would destroy stuff. He could accidentally drown himself. There's no telling what could happen.

The element manipulator sensed his hesitation. With a snort, he pulled Fang abruptly to his feet.

"You can't control what you fear," Boboiboy grunted. "Stop pussying out and just use it."

Fang stared at him for a while and realized that it was advice. He took a shaky breath and activated the light element.

He tried not to think about the consequences. He watched as his watch settled on the bright star that represented the element that had once burned a whole in the station.

It settled without a tremor. Power surged through Fang's body, screaming to be released. The light star appeared on the left of the joint of Fang's glasses.

Boboiboy applauded with false admiration. "Great. Try teleporti-"

Whoosh.

He didn't get to finish, because Fang had accidentally pointed forwards and the power propelled his body backwards and sent him crashing into the sand. Fang's watch flickered for a while before malfunctioning. The element turned into Earth, which caused multiple earth walls and spikes to sprout from the ground all over the place.