prologue

THIS IS SORTA LIKE THE BACKSTORY AND CRAP SO YEAH

***

Hannah and Ashton couldn't be more different.

I've known the pair of them since I was a baby. Our parents were best friends in high school, and they stayed connected during their adult life.

Hannah was the same age I was; eighteen. She was all smiles and kindness, the queen-bee of Hornsby High School. I was shyer than she was, I was her shadow.

She led me around, she brought me to parties, she introduced me to her friends. I was the tag-along.

With her pretty blond hair and jade eyes, she was easily likeable.

We had been best friends since the beginning of time, it seems. I always went to her house, and her to mine. We spent every second together.

Then, there was her brother.

Ashton Irwin couldn't be more different. While his sister was all happiness and miss popular, he was all dark and mysterious. He was also spoiled rotten. He got whatever he wanted, and bragged about it. He was insensitive, oblivious, and just plain mean.

Growing up, I had an enormous crush on him. He was tan, and muscular, and just plain attractive. I always had gone to his and Hannah's house, and we'd bug him and tease him. He'd bug and tease us back.

That was before Hannah got a boyfriend at age 13 and Ashton beat him up. They hated each other after that.

Him and Hannah looked a lot alike: dirty-blond hair and pretty green eyes.

And, so, Ashton naturally hated me after that. I was seen as the annoyingly quiet girl who follows his sister around like a lost puppy.

That's the story of my best friend and her annoying and spoiled older brother Ashton.

If you thought that that was complicated, wait till you hear the rest of our story.

***

CANT BELIEVE I WROTE THIS HOLY .