Ch 22: "The One..."

Third POV

Recap:
Instead of glass, it was an image of a handsome man. The handsome man had black hair and blue eyes, the ones that would hypnotize a person with one glance.
A man Xui would probably never be able to forget in her lifetime. The man was Saint.

Xui stared intensely at the man through the magical circle. At this moment Xui didn't care about how this cave was able to monitor Earth and why the person chosen was Saint. Instead her beautiful eyes burned at the sight of Saint.

The man who saved her. The one who showered her with care. The one who taught her how to feel. The one who taught her how to love. The one who she had given her love to. The one who she trusted. The one who betrayed her. The one who had killed her.

Xui smiled bitterly at the image of Saint. Will I ever be able to let go of him?

———————————
Saint's POV

My head was jumbled and my vision was blurry as I stumbled on a rock. Neither my parents' love or the attention from the public was on my mind. The only thing I could think about was her.

Her peerless face stayed stuck in my mind no matter how many times I had tried to get rid of it. It was not only the guilt of betraying her haunting me, but the pain of her leaving hurt me the most.

What have I done? Greed had covered up my heart that moment I decided to end her innocent life. What did she do to deserve such an end?

The moment I was born many people had described me as 'lucky' or 'a privileged person', but they never saw the truth. Privileged? I would've traded that any day just to see the scorn and disgust out of the eyes of my parents.

The people who were supposed to love me did no such thing. At a young age I had known the truth. My mom was a young maiden who worked at the mansion. My father had lusted for her beauty.

Although a married man, he forced himself upon my young mother who gave birth to me after. Nine long months of hiding in secret for she knew if word were to get out, the wife of my father would surely kill the young child in her womb.

My mother had died of sickness and starvation. She had no means to treat herself or earn money for food. My father had realized what he had done and took it upon himself to cut all connections with her for hw didn't want his beloved to find out.

Before she had passed, she left me to one of her friends, a butler at the mansion. With no choice under the eyes of the public, my father had to take me in as his child.

Of course there was no way his beloved wouldn't have found out. They had argued for a long night before doing actions of passion on the bed. His beloved had forgiven him, but by no means was I forgiven.

End of chapter 22...

——————————

A/N: Do you guys want me to finish up his life story and how he ended up meeting Xui? Or do you just want his background info to be wrapped up? If you want to continue his (Saint's) POV then it will take about 3-5 chapters(including this one, so one is already done)