Chapter 55

Carlie's POV

Cameron sped down the highway silently, his knuckles white on the steering wheel.

Why had I been so willing to believe his story, you might ask.

Because I could see the pure fear in his eyes. Fear for Shawn. Fear for Abi. Fear of what would happen to their siblings.

It was easy sneaking Carter out of the hospital. We just stole some scrubs out of a closet and put them on him. Simple enough, but if we had been caught we would have been in major trouble.

I whimpered and hugged my knees to my chest.

Cameron's hand twitched like he was going to reach out at me, but he must've thought not to.

Breaking up with him wasn't easy either. I just told him I didn't feel the same way about him anymore, which was partially true.

It wasn't fair to him that he had to keep stitching our relationship back together when I just kept ruining it, like when I cheated on him with slime ball Ricky.

Of course I felt bad, but eventually he'll find someone better.

Carter was in the backseat, staring out the fogged up windows.

I wanted to reach back there and tell him everything was going to be okay, but I didn't even know what Cameron was bringing us into. All I knew is that our friends needed help, and we were the only ones left.

"What made you change your mind?" I asked Cameron, breaking the tense silence. Carter's head snapped up. He wanted to know too.

Cameron pushed a hand through his thick brown hair and sighed. "Man, you should have seen Nash and Taylor. They were going crazy when I left. Nash was going to cut Hayes, and they had Shawn and Abi tied on the floor."

I swallowed back the bile that was building in my throat. "And you just couldn't take it anymore," I stated.

He nodded grimly. "You guys were my friends before this all happened. Nash, Ricky, and Taylor are evil. Pure evil. And now, we're the only ones who can help them."

He drove into a beat up parking lot, in front of a gigantic warehouse.

This is where they're being held prisoners, I thought, my heart pounding in my throat.

We got out of the car as silently as we could. Carter was still a little weak from the accident but he didn't complain about it.

"Go through that big metal door right there," Cameron whispered. "I'll sneak around back and steal a dart gun or two."

I swallowed and nodded silently. It was a little risky to believe him but what choice did we have? Our friends were probably being tortured for information about this so-called "Magcon." I wasn't going to sit back and let it happen.

These thoughts swirled through my head and filled me with courage as I pushed the heavy door out of the way to let us through.

The first thing I noticed about the narrow corridor was how cold it was. I could see my breath curling up in front of me, when it was just eighty degrees outside.

Carter must've noticed the cold tremors rocking though me. "Take my hoodie," he whispered huskily, shrugging out of it.

I took it gingerly, but he didn't seem to mind the cold.

"Are we there yet?" I whispered to him.

He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a terrifying scream of fear.

And it sounded like Shawn.

Abrielle's POV

"Let us go Taylor," I said angrily, trying to disguise the fear in my voice. "We didn't do anything to you."

He rolled his eyes and went back to helping Nash search for the knife to cut Hayes with.

I needed to get to Hayes badly. He was tied to a chair and his hands were bound in front of him so tightly they were turning purple. He couldn't scream because one of Taylor's bandanas were stuffed roughly into his mouth.

I kicked at Shawn's foot and glanced up at Nash, who was digging through some old tool drawer.

Shawn lunged out and slammed Nash's body to the wall with amazing force.

Ricky rushed over and slammed a fist into Shawn's nose, causing him to scream in pain.

Taylor then took out a starter pistol and aimed it at Shawn before shooting a dart his leg.

"Shawn!" I screamed, before the gun was aimed at me, and a similar dart was shot at me and I succumbed into the darkness of its sleeping powder.