Putting Can Be Murder

One normal day, I was sitting on my 10-year old couch watching Wheel of Fortune and I was yelling at the TV as if they could hear me. Then, I heard my stomach growl, so I got up and grabbed a bag of popcorn and threw it the microwave. DING! DING!

I wonder who would be calling a 40-year old ex-detective at 12am tonight. I pick up the phone and it was my old police chief.

"Mr. Cunningham, sorry to bother you, but we need you on a scene of a crime tomorrow. There's been a murder at the Santa Cruz boardwalk."

"Really! Well, good thing I don't live in California."

"Sir, we'll pay you $200,000 if you solve the case. We've hired others, but they're too dumb for this murdering genius."

"Count me in! As long as you provide me with food until the case is closed."

"Deal! Goodnight, Chuck."

Then, I thought what did I just agree to.

Next morning, I was off to Santa Cruz. It took several hours to get there. My boss was standing right outside the terminal.

"Ah, Chuck Cunningham. It's been years since we've seen each other. Have you got a haircut."

"Lots, Derrick, Lots."

When we arrived at the boardwalk, I saw a place called Neptune's Kingdom bordered with police tape. I put on my leather coat and grabbed my old detective briefcase.

Derrick walked me to Neptune's Kingdom, apparently a glow-in-the-dark mini-gold place. I pushed the door open and I saw a late 20's man lying on the floor with wounds in the back of his skull.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Cunningham. I'm the owner, I'm John."

"Hello, John. Who's was here when it happened?"

"Frankly, nobody. We closed late that night."

"So, my friend, Derrick, said that you said someone snuck in to play golf and murdered a man who also snuck in. Any Identification?"

"The man's name was Augustus Brow.

He has a lot of odd break-in's and burglaries in the last 5 years. He claims every-time he broke in was to look for or to please his life-ender." replied Derrick

As I look closer I saw there was letter in his pocket from an unknown messenger with no address. It says : I'm going to kill someone everyday here in Santa Cruz at the beach until I get $2,000,000 and a day to look at Area 51 and secret documents. Better do it soon.

"We got a problem, guys. He's going to murder someone everyday until he gets what he asked."

As I inspected closer, I saw that the wounds were put there by a blunt force weapon. I search downstairs and upstairs, and saw a bloody putter.

I knew I found the weapon, but by it laid a something written in blood : riseTt. I quickly pulled an anagram machine out of my pocket. It was an iPhone 4s. The things that popped up were siTter, resiTt, and Tetris. I quickly ran to the Tetris game to only see a bowl of soup with blood in it and letter : Try There Next.

Stay Tuned For The Next Part