Chapter 3: Luke

Hello, So obviously you know who I am already. I'm Luke, I'm 14, I have a twin sister named Meghan. I have severe asthma. I'm usually pretty quiet, around my house there isn't much hearing or vocal stimulation, and that's fine with me. The only friends I need are my sisters. They say that's sad, and I should try to make friends with someone. But if I do that, who's going to tell Meghan what Izzy and Alex are saying, or interpret for Grandma, and Grandpa. I don't have time for friends.

                               *    *    *

Well one weekend Grandma and Grandpa finally let us go camping. When we got there and said goodbye to our Grandparents, and went hiking. We noticed these cabins everyone. There were 5 and we were all curious but couldn't get into some of them. I was scared to have us separated, we never separate! I didn't want someone to get lost. Or not be able to understand whats going on around them! I couldn't let them do this, but I've learned you don't mess with 3 teenage girls! So we separated our ways, I tried to stay with Meghan, but I couldn't get into the cabin she walked into, so I went into a different cabin. The windows were glowing Red! It was the weirdest thing ever. But being the curious little George I am I walked in anyways. In the center of the room was a bonfire. The kind you make when you go camping. All I could think was How is a camp fire in the middle of a wooden cabin? And why is it not burning this place down? I knew fire was bad for me to be around, because of my asthma. But this was different, I could breathe just fine. I got closer to the glowing fire, and I was still fine. This fire wasn't hot, it wasn't even warm. I wanted to see how close I could get without it burning me. I hovered my hand directly over the fire, I started lowering my hand. I got so close to touching the fire, but then the fire touched me. My hand caught on fire. But it didn't hurt, in fact it was actually quite pleasant. I realized then that I was on fire! I tried to shake it off, but it was working its way up my arm. I didn't know what to do. I shook my arm in front of me. A huge ball of fire shot off my hand! I tried patting the fire down, but my other hand caught fire. I shot another ball of fire, and another. I closed my hands and my eyes, and it all stopped! I wanted out now. So I left and found Izzy and Alex outside. But where was Meghan I knew this was a bad idea! But then she flies out of the cabin to my left. What if shes hurt. I run over to her laying on the ground, Her eyes faded from a glowing Blue, back to gray. Wait they were Glowing? Blue?