Chapter 6: Sensei's Cabin

We all walked into this fifth cabin without any problem. Meghan and Luke to my left, and Izzy to my right. Once I was completely through the thresh hold my hearing returned.

I looked at Izzy and said "Izzy I can, I can hear".

But she was already talking to herself. Wait talking? She was talking? I guess the weird things weren't only happening to me. Meghan grabbed my shoulders and spun me around, she looked at me head to toe and said, "you are so beautiful!"

Her eyes were glowing an aqua blue, How did she know what I looked like?

"Can you see me?" I asked her

"I can!"

"Megs," I pointed at my purple shirt, "this is purple" I pointed at the sheets on the bed across the room, and pulled her over to them "these sheets are blue, Luke's shirt is red" I wanted her to take in all the colors for when hersight was gone. I pointed out all the regular colors. I didn’t want to over whelm her with things like Magenta and Aqua. I just told her they were a different shade of pink and blue. After a brief pause to give her a second to take it all in, I noticed Izzy was counting down for Luke to run from one side of the cabin to the other. Izzy was counting. Out loud! And Luke was running. Fast! Everything was so confusing, and it just went downhill from there.

(Izzy)

Meghan came up to me after I had counted down Luke's takeoff, she grabbed my hands looked my in the eyes, and a tear began to swell. 

"I wish I could have seen your faces forever ago" 

"You can see them now, thats the best thing you could ask for" I said with a smile

"No, the best thing is hearing you voice."

A strange man walked in through the front door. We all turned and ran together. I Pushed Luke behind me and used my body as a baracade. Alex grabbed Meghan and shoved her behind Luke, and stood infront of them both also.

"So you are the Children on the Lining? Much younger then I expected."

"What are you talking about?" Luke said.

"Come here I have much to tell you"

"No you stay right there!" Alex demanded.

"Okay, can you come to me?"

"No, You walk over there. and we are walking out!" Luke exclaimed

"Trust me children youre going to want to hear this"

Meghan whispered to us "Maybe we should just listen to what he has to say..."

"Okay you stay there we will hear you out, but if at any time we want to leave you get out of the dorr way, got it?" I said with power behind the voice a minute ago I didn't know I had.

"This is fine. I'm sure you are all wondering about the strange things happening to you."

We all nod in agreement

"This is because you were born on the Lining"

"What Lining?" I interrupt 

"There is the Lining in the world, called the Silver Lining. It determines whether or not the child is born with or without the lakas"

"What are the Lakas?" Luke asked, his guard begining to fade.

"The Lakas, is the force, and energy you have in you. It gives you these special abilities, and it brings back your normal functions that you were born without. It runs in your family. Youre family is in the blood line that was born on the Lining that seperates you from everyone else. It is said to be like the equator of mankind. and everyone is born on track. your track is set on the 'equator' and you have these special abilities. This is also the reason your parents were killed. A man named Tunay wanted to extract these powers from your mother, but your father tried to protect her. He died for her, in the end Tunay did extract the ability your mother had, and killed her in the process. Tunay can now control the weather, and he is set out to extract your abilities as well"

 "Who are you? how do you know our parents?"   I asked

"My name is Matalino, but I am called Sensei by many. I trained your mother to control her abilities, and you father to protect her."

"Are you going to train us?" Alex asked

"Yes, we begin tomorrow."