gone (tw)

...He was gone.
That dark angel that Pit knew and loved.
Gone.
Erased out of existence, as well as their bond.
Their bond disintegrated long ago.
But he only got killed a week ago, something controlling him and leading him to an unintended suicide.
He still remembers the day.
---
"Pit...?"
"Yeah, Lady Palutena?"
"This'll be hard to explain,,but,,a really long story short, something happened to Pittoo and its irreversible..."
"Hm...?"
"I...can't explain it, but...Chaos Kin. Control. Fly off a cliff. Unintended suicide."
"..."
---
Those words haunted him.
Control. Fly off a cliff. Unintended suicide.
He hated those words. He hated even hearing Dark Pit's former nickname: Pittoo.
Oh,,he hated that nickname.
He hated it when it came from somebody who wasnt Pit.
But if Pit said it, he was fine; he learnt how to tolerate it.
But...who was there to tolerate that dumb nickname now?
Who was there to listen to his struggles, help when he was overly stressed and about to snap?
Well...Palutena.
But...
She...
It was different with Dark Pit, and it was different in a good way.
Not to be biased, but...the dark angel was better at helping.
---
An empty glare was in his eyes. He stared off into space, thinking of absolutely nothing. He looked rough, as if he hadn't slept well in absolutely ages.
His hazel, auburn-in-the-sun hair was messy, multiple knots intertwining with eachother.
The gold crown, that he swore never to take off unless sleeping, was off, resting on his bedside.
He also looked paler too, that once healthy skin colour leaving his body.
And...His eyes. His dark blue shiny eyes.
They were not shiny anymore. They were matte, and they were blank, as if something had taken over him but it was unidentifiable as to what.
"Hey...Pit?" Palutenas voice was full of concern for the light angel.
He then looked up, his eyes widening. He then tried to look as 'okay' as he could.
"Yeah?"
"Are...you alright?"
He paused for a moment.
"Yes...yes I think I'm okay." He lied.
And then that's when Palutena got mad.
"No, Pit, you're not okay. You look paler than usual, your hair is obviously messy and you dont have your crown. You're not physically healthy and I know this has something to do with what happened to Pittoo."
Everything was silent, the only thing heard was the slight ringing noise within the room.
The nickname.
Pittoo.
The fucking nickname.
The one he used to call his best friend.
His smile disappeared, and he seemed to look to the floor.
And then he started to tear up.
"...That was my fault..." He managed to say in between the now uncontrollable weeps.
"...Lady Palutena! That was MY fault!" The weeps turned into sobs quickly as the tears fell down, for once.
He hadn't cried this much ever since his last snap. Which was months ago. "Its my fault hes gone! Its my fault! I didn't get the Chaos Kin out! I didn't persuade the Chaos Kin to stop trying to fly himself off that cliff! I did nothing and now he's gone!"
"Shhh..." The goddess was now sat beside the angel, trying to help in anyway she can. It broke her heart to see this- she had never seen Pit cry this much before.
"Pit...it really isn't your fault. Please...don't blame yourself. It's not your fault the Chaos Kin took him, nor is it your fault that the Chaos Kin drove him into doing that either. You can get through this, I know you can."
"It's just not right! I just want him BACK, Palutena! I want him to come back! I want to use that damn nickname and I want to have the urge to smile again whenever using it! I just want to be happy again..."
Palutenas heart shattered at this.
She didn't know how to help- she didnt know how to console Pit in this time of need.
The only ones who could do it, were her and Viridi.
Dark Pit couldn't do anything.
He was dead, after all.
But...
If he was lucky...
They could reunite.
In his dreams.