Chapter Twenty-Seven

I stared at George and took his hand, tugging him out of the manor, still holding the little house elf. “We have to go! We have to go!” I screamed, starting to panic. “You just used a fucking unforgivable curse, George! How could you be so stupid!”

The ginger I had grown to love stayed silent as we ran and eventually apparated back to his home. He sat me down on the couch and Mrs. Weasley rushed in, giving me a hug. It was kind of awkward though because my 7th month pregnant belly was in the way.

After the hug she started looking me over for cuts or anything severe since I had been there for quite a long time. Then, she forced me to eat because she thought I was, and I quote, ‘Too skinny for a pregnant woman.’

As I ate the loads of food she made for me, Mrs. Weasley tended to the house elf. She wasn’t dead, I knew she wasn’t, but she was damn near close to death and that really upset me.

Franny twitched a few times and I sniffled, knowing that she was fighting to hold on to her life.

“Come on Franny…” I whispered, just as he eyes opened.

“Miss Lupin…?” Was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

“Oh my God, Franny!” I jumped up and ran over to her, pulling her into a hug.

“You saved me…” She whispered, her eyes sparkling as she stared at me.

Before I got to respond, Mrs. Weasley ushered me away because both Franny and I needed to rest.

Instead of going up to rest, I went up the stairs and straight into George’s room. He was laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

“Hey.” I whispered and sat next to him. He sat up and pulled me into a tight hug kissing my jaw.

“I missed you so much. I really did.” He whispered back. “And I only did that to protect you. Really, honestly.”

I nodded at him and stared at him. “I missed you too.”

All of a sudden, he was down on one knee and holding my hand in his. “Rose Ariella Lupin, those months that you were gone and I had no idea where you were were the worst months of my life. Though, they made me realize something. I realized that no matter how hard I try, I cannot live without you. Will you marry me?” He slowly pulled out a ring, one that looked far too expensive for him to afford, and waited for my answer.

“Of course George. I will.”