Chapter Nineteen

After a long day of hide and seek we all found ourselves around the fire, mugs of hot chocolate in our hands.

“Today was fun.” I smiled, leaning more into George who was sitting on the floor, his back against the couch, me sitting in between his legs with my back to his chest.

He placed his chin on my shoulder. “It was.” George whispered, kissing my cheek.

Ginny glanced at the clock and stood up, “I should be getting to bed.” She yawned, placing her mug on Ron’s head and prancing up the stairs.

Ron growled and grabbed it, putting it on the floor next to him. “She didn’t even finish it!” He exclaimed.

I brushed it off, “When’s Harry coming?” I asked, shifting positions.

“In a few days.” Hermione yawned, standing up herself. “Anyway, I’m heading off to bed myself.”

“Ron, isn’t that your cue?” I teased, her threw Ginny’s mug at me, which George caught.

“Better watch yourself.” George growled, setting the mug down next to me and wrapping his arms protectively around me.

“Yeah, damn, it was just a joke. Don’t get your knickers in a knot.” I pushed George’s hands away carefully and stood up. “I’m going to bed.” I muttered.

I walked to the kitchen and put my mug in the sink. When I turned around George was behind me, making me almost jump out of my skin.

“Hey, you want to come to the shop with Fred and I tomorrow?” He asked, brushing some of my hair out of my face.

“Of course.” I smiled. He took my hand and together we walked up to his room.

Fred wasn’t too far behind us. In fact, he was up less than 5 minutes after us. He closed the door and we were all out cold.

--

At about 10:30 a.m. I got my wake up call.

“Too early.” I moaned, opening my eyes a little bit. George was standing, fully dressed, with his arms crossed, in front of me.

“C’mon, up!” He commanded, scooping me up bridal style and placing me on my feet.

“Finneee.” I groaned, walking over to the closet. I pulled out a pair of ripped jeans and a simple tank top, finding a pair of flip flops.

I quickly changed and grabbed my wand, pointing it at my hair, making it perfectly straight.

“You just had to wake me up this early.” I muttered once I was down stairs, after doing my makeup.

“Fred insisted.” He sighed. “You passed your apparition test, right?” But before I even answered him, I apparated to the shop, only to be greeted by Fred.

“Ass hole.” I glared, walking past him.

“What did I do?” He asked, following me.

“Decided to get up at an ungodly hour!” I exclaimed.

“Well I thought you’d be used to it. I mean you had to get up at 6 for breakfast at Hogwarts.”

“I never said I wasn’t used to it.” I laughed, manning the cash register.

“You’re one confusing girl. I give props to my brother for having a successful relationship with you.” Fred joked, making me throw a quarter at him, hitting him square in the back of the head.

Seconds later, George apparated into the shop, sending a small glare at him.

“A simple ‘yes’ would suffice.” He joked, taking off his coat and walking over to me.

“Sorry love.” I pecked his lips and watched as Fred flipped the closed sign to open.

“Now cut the PDA.” Fred winked, wandering about the shop.

“D’aw Freddie’s jealous.” I giggled, pushing George off to go do his job.

--

Several hundred customers later we finally started to slow down. That let me take a break to sit down on the stool behind me.

I was turned away from the door when it opened for the last time. Thinking nothing of it, I just continued to watch Fred and George mess around.

“Welcome.” George called before he turned to see who entered. His face turned from a happy smile to an angry sneer.

“Uhm, what’s wron-?” I turned around only to be met with the stony grey eyes I used to love. “Oh. Hello.” I glared, crossing my arms.

Draco cleared his throat as the twins walked to stand on either side of me.

“You just love coming to places where you aren’t welcome, don’t you?” Fred asked, glaring intensely at him.

“Pretty much.” Draco smiled sheepishly.

“Well what do you want?” I asked, crossing my arms, getting slightly frustrated.

Draco looked back and forth between Fred and George, his eyes nervous.

“Hey.” I turned around, looking at them both. “Give us some time, I promise I’ll be okay.” George pecked my lips before walking up to the flat with Fred.

“You haven’t been answering the things I’ve written you in the notebook.” He said.

“Been busy.” I lied easily, my voice disinterested.

He laughed unamused and shook his head. “You know I know when you’re lying.”

“Yeah, so?” I asked. He walked around the counter and stood next to me. “Maybe I’m happy with my new life and I don’t want to talk to my old life.” I challenged.

“We both know that’s not true.” He whispered, leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine.

My eyes were as wide as ever. I tried to push him off right as George walked down the stairs, quickly.

“Time for you to leave.” George said, walking toward Draco with his wand outstretched.

Draco laughed and started walking toward the door. “You may think you don’t want me but they all come crawling back. When you do, I’ll be waiting. Oh and Weasley, you better watch out. I always get what I want.”