4. Carter

-Carter-

        I lay there looking at the wall trying to keep myself from rolling over as I listen to my Little Rabbits breathing. My wolf pushes on my mind again but i tune him out, something that I'm not a stranger to.  but I tense when I start hearing them become shaky. It's not long before I can smell the salt in the air and I know that she is crying. I carefully roll so I can see her. She is beautiful even in her state. Her eyelashes lightly rest on her pale bony cheeks as she weeps and It's hard to not notice her lack of body fat and the scars that line most of her body. I can't help but wonder what lead her here and why.

        My wolf growls at the thought of her being harmed and I notice her body jolt a little. Within and instant I'm standing again. I slowly walk over to the bed trying my best to be soft, something that I'm not very good at. My movements make me feel like a foreigner in my own body as I grab a large blanket and slowly cover her shaking form, but the tears don't stop. I growl again angry that it didn't help, my temper flaring and of course it makes it worse. My Little Rabbit stays laying there but her eyes are now pinched shut, and her cheeks stained with tears.

Without thinking I lean down and brush the back of my hand against her skin trying to whip them away. She reacts leaning into my touch and my wolf makes my whole body feel warm.

I know better. 

I know that this is her wolf pushing her to seek comfort in her mate. Comfort is never something anyone has looked to me for before and for good reason. But something about her seeking it makes me sit down on the bed and lightly start to stroke her hair. To my surprise she seems to relax, so I keep going.

"It's just a reaction from your body," I whisper. "Go to sleep, my Little Rabbit," my voice is something that resembles soothing and I don't recognize myself in that moment. Her breathing becomes even again but the tears still fall. I sigh to myself and slowly get up leaving her be. 

I walk over to the day bed again frustrated with every detail of my situation. I lay down trying to make myself fit in the bed which is much too small for me, and I close my eyes. When I do, all I see is my Little Rabbit and she looks oh so ready to run.