The Story Of My Ordinary Short Life

One thing I learned from dying, it sucks. You leave everyone, everything. Family, Friends, Boyfriend, Wifi, Netflix, all gone.

My name is Layla Peterson.

I was living a completely ordinary life, and I died a very unordinary death, at age sixteen. I had a regular home, straight A's, a completely wonderful yet full of herself bestie; and the perfect boyfriend.

I had blond hair, blue-green eyes, and an acne free face. I played guitar,piano, and got most of the leads in the school choir.

I never exactly stood out. I was happy though, and that was enough.

Now all I can say is, how funny it is that now that I'm dead, how much more that I matter to people.

I saw the people at my funeral. Alot of people I didn't even know all that well from school, showed up. There's a picture of me in the cafeteria. In a few more years I would just be a story.

The Girl Who Got Struck By Lightning.

Yes, that is how I died. I got struck by lightning. In a gas station parking lot. Getting my brother a Slurpee and cigarettes. All because of a stupid bet.

It was wet, and the air all around was moist and smelled alot like cut grass and lake. I remember it being very refreshing on the way home from a hard day of school.

When I got home, I sat on the couch and found my older brother watching Americas Next Top Model.

"Christina is so going to win," I say.

"Not by a chance, Melissa is beyond hot," Nick  exclaimed.

Nick is seventeen, and a senior. He is sort of a slacker, doesn't get good grades. He is very popular and a total player. He is always with a new girl. Every weekend he throws parties at our house, when my parents go visit my great grand parents.

"Oh yah, I bet Christina is going to win." I say with confidence. It was another weekend so our parents were gone. We always watched ANTM.

"Okay then, if Melissa wins you go to the gas station and buy me a Slurpee and a pack of cigarettes. Go buy from the pretty girl Alice, tell her Nick sent you. If Christina wins I will give you thirty bucks."

We shook on it. Sadly Melissa won. So I drove to gas station in the rain and  lightning.

I went inside, the pretty girl Alice sat behind the counter, reading a Seventeen magazine. I went to the slurpee machine, getting my brother a grape Slurpee. He hates grape. I went to the counter and told Alice, "Nick sent me."

She gave me her number to give to Nick. I said, "Thanks." Then I left.

As I opened the door. I got a text.

It was Nash.

Hey Lay, are you busy 2night?

I text back.

Come on over, we can watch a movie :)

Nash sent back.

Okay, love you ♥

I remember smiling big. I was so lucky to have Nash. He was the sweetest.

We met freshman year at the Championship Basketball game.

I was getting popcorn with my best friend Natalie, when we bumped are foreheads right into each other.He smiled with a sorry. We talked the rest of the night. Then we soon started dating in sophomore year.

I walked away from the door and looked up at the sky. The sky was crazy looking, with rain and clouds.

I put my hood over my head and started running for my car.

On the way I slipped from the rubber part on my boots. Pain spanded through my leg and back. My eyes and face were watery from both the rain and the tears. I couldn't get up. I moved my hand, feeling little specks of glass. My phone had broke.

I reached for it, and pulled it up to my face. It wouldn't turn on.

I sighed and looked up. My throat was too dry to yell for help. Plus, there was no one around. Except for  Alice who was inside blasting out to One Direction.

I closed my eyes. I was so getting Nick back. I felt Slurpee, in my rain boots. I shrugged. And when I opened my eyes. A burst of light came at me with a large roar and scream following. A burst of electricity was entered through my body. My heart stopped moving. My mind stopped thinking. I stopped living.