"Oh my darling"

~~~~~

"Clem, that's a C"

Clementine groaned loudly, resting her head in her hands, elbows rested on her knees. Louis stifled a laugh, seeing the girl so frustrated was definitely funny to him, considering she was usually so calm.

They had been at this for hours, taking breaks in between of course, Louis trying to get the girl to play the most basic of tunes, but apparently Clementine just didn't have any kind of music knowledge or talent.

"I can't do this Louis" She sighed in defeat.

"Clem, we've only been doing this for a couple hours, it's takes ages for people to learn" Louis says, comforting her ever so slightly.

"How long did it take you?" She asks, eyebrows raised in question.

"A long, long time, now come on, try again" He ushered, cutting the conversation off short, gesturing for her to try again.

Clementine sighs, placing her fingers carefully on the different keys, looking up at Louis for his approval that she was doing it correctly, he nods.

She begins to awkwardly press the different keys in the order that Louis had showed her, cringing and shaking her head when the instrument made a sound it wasn't supposed to. She groans for the a hundredth time that day, resting her hands back in her lap.

"Can't we do something else?" She says, facial expression screaming boredom.

"Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to learn" Louis replies, holding his hands up in surrender as to show that this wasn't his idea.

"Yeah well I didn't know it would be this difficult"

"Everything's difficult when you first try it, it was difficult the first time you ever shot a gun, right?"

"Well yeah, but-"

"No buts! Everything's difficult as first, but with time and practice everything becomes easier, let's keep going" Louis interrupts, motioning his hand at her to try again.

She laughs softly. "Never knew you were good at motivational talks"

"Well now you do" he winks at her. "Now come on".

"What song are you even trying to get me to play?" She questions, setting her fingers back on the keys.

"Trust me when I say you'll know by the end" he smirks mischievously, receiving a raised eyebrow in return.

They continued on for another half hour, Clementine often pressing the wrong keys or messing up the timing, to which Louis would correct"

It was around nine or ten chords in when she noticed.

"You're teaching me to play 'oh my darling, Clementine' aren't you?" Clementine says, finally catching on, Louis holds back a laugh.

"Ta da!!!" He says while doing jazz hands. The girl scoffs but laughs nonetheless.

"Out of all the songs you could've chosen, you chose that one?" She says, looking at him confused.