Making Plans

Here's the new chapter! I'm really excited because it's about to get really interesting as James and Carlos come up with a plan and put it into investigation, and Carlos will begin solving more mysteries surrounding the situation, and maybe Kendall and Logan will eventually catch on? o.O xoxoxo, Brooke

____________________________________________________________

"Okay, maybe I did lie about having a boyfriend." Jo sighed as she and Kendall sat in the Palm Woods lobby.

Kendall breathed in. "Oh, um...that's a relief." He cleared his throat. "So, I guess you aren't that into me, huh?"

"No!" Jo said quickly. "No, that's not it at all! I think you're really sweet and cute, but I just want to focus on my career right now. I'm about to start filming a new show for the CW, so I'm super busy..."

Kendall had major respect for a working woman, although he was a little bummed that he currently had zero chances with her. As he looked around at the quiet lobby, he found himself thinking. He had been getting quite a few calls from his mother, asking where he was, and he had to explain to her that he couldn't tell where he was. He was actually very happy here. He met an awesome girl (wasn't dating her, but still) and he felt free for the first time in forever, like he could be anything he wanted.

"Kendall?"

"Huh?" He snapped back into reality.

"You looked like you were thinking about something. Are you okay?" Jo wondered.

"Yeah! Of course." Kendall nodded. He wasn't really lying either. He truly was okay, just a little stressed out, especially with the possibility of Carlos being into drugs. How could Carlos be into drugs? He had always been against it 100 percent. Truthfully, Kendall had been questioning it ever since the conversation with Logan and Gavin earlier. It just seemed too bizarre, at least for someone like Carlos.

"You sure? You've been acting really weird." Jo said, her arms crossed. "Look, if there's something you need to tell me..."

"Okay, um, can I ask your advice about something?"

"I can definitely try!" Jo shrugged, sitting her bag on the floor. "What's going on?"

"Carlos has been acting weird since we came here. Going out at night, acting really suspicious, not telling us where he is, and he won't even let us visit him at work."

"Well," Jo started. "It honestly sounds like drugs, maybe even gang activity. I can't say for sure, though."

Great, just great. Even Jo thought Carlos was on drugs. Kendall was still doubtful, though. It just didn't make sense. Why would sweet, innocent, optimistic Carlos turn to drugs? He almost came across as being very smart when it came to making right decisions about his life, although some of the stunts he did weren't very smart.

"But I could be wrong?" Jo quickly added. "I mean, maybe he has a secret girlfriend or something."

A secret girlfriend. Now that made a thousand times more sense. Carlos obviously was seeing someone and the reason he seemed upset the other day must have been because he and this girl had a fight. Yes! Kendall felt a huge amount of relief as he came to this realization. They should have known better than to think that he would ever do drugs.

"Thanks-" He started to say, until he noticed something from the corners of his eyes.A strange something. It was a short, brunette, transparent girl, about fifteen or sixteen, looking his way. Then he blinked and suddenly she was gone. What the hell? He must have been losing his mind because of the stress. Yeah, he was stressed and hallucinating. That was all it was.